2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

2 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Totally false on your end.

There's literally 4 skill players at all worth taking round 1-2 as far as I see.

The line play was the worst in a decade. Brady has a great line. He had Gronk and Edelman and a round one RB and a great player in White. Way better than what Rodgers had to work with. Not to mention the others.

And that defense really was the best of the final four teams.

Rodgers was sacked or threw it away more than ever in his career. And there's a complete break down of every Rodgers throw away (and sack too). 15% his fault. Sorry. It's objectively the worst offense AR has had in his tenure. It's not even arguable that TT neglected it. 4 day one or two picks in seven years. That's totally absurd and unacceptable. They were relying on AR to do magic with less and less. 

Please, show me statistically that this was not the worst offense AR had. It's easy to see several ways.

But I am done arguing with idiots on this once sensible forum about drafting another bust at pass rusher. Just stupidity when we got two FAs.

The bolded, underlined part:  I swear I've seen this before on a different site.  The demonization of contrasting opinions and then the name calling.  I feel like I know you from parts unknown.

So Metcalf is not a bust.  What he is is "not a #1 WR".  Some team might think "well, he's huge and fast and we can teach him the rest" and that's not going to work.

What he is, is a specific kind of #2 WR.  He's not going to run any routes well that aren't in a straight line and don't have rounded corners.  But if you've already got a #1 WR who can run all the routes and be a threat all over, he's definitely in that Alvin Harper "whiff on a press and he's gone" club.  It's just that Alvin Harper without Michael Irvin sucked.

Metcalf is going to work a lot better here or Indy where the team already has "the guy" than he would in SF or Washington or Baltimore.   I just don't like the price for the player.

3 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

The bolded, underlined part:  I swear I've seen this before on a different site.  The demonization of contrasting opinions and then the name calling.  I feel like I know you from parts unknown.

On no other sports fora. Those words are a bit harsh, but really. We just signed a bunch of defense and the offense is the worst since......... can't remember really. Sherman?

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Many reportedly think Simmons will be long gone by 30

I mean, the only thing really giving me pause on him is "the hit rate on the red shirt guys is not good".  Like Sidney Jones was a probable top 10 pick, hurt himself in the workout, and sat out a year.  One would think he'd have recovered, but dude played awful last year... like "we'd have cut him if he wasn't a 2nd round pick" awful.

10 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

So Metcalf is not a bust.  What he is is "not a #1 WR".  Some team might think "well, he's huge and fast and we can teach him the rest" and that's not going to work.

What he is, is a specific kind of #2 WR.  He's not going to run any routes well that aren't in a straight line and don't have rounded corners.  But if you've already got a #1 WR who can run all the routes and be a threat all over, he's definitely in that Alvin Harper "whiff on a press and he's gone" club.  It's just that Alvin Harper without Michael Irvin sucked.

Metcalf is going to work a lot better here or Indy where the team already has "the guy" than he would in SF or Washington or Baltimore.   I just don't like the price for the player.

Exactly

Alll well and good for a third rounder for some other team, but then his hands aren't even solid. And he has that scary neck; and injuries. Honestly I can't believe he's getting this hype but some idiot will draft him too early.

Janis was a far better prospect imo. A tad slower but much more athletic. He's not even the prospect Patterson was (and MN is one of those teams that don't know what you look for in WRs).

2 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Exactly

Alll well and good for a third rounder for some other team, but then his hands aren't even solid. And he has that scary neck; and injuries. Honestly I can't believe he's getting this hype but some idiot will draft him too early.

Janis was a far better prospect imo. A tad slower but much more athletic. He's not even the prospect Patterson was (and MN is one of those teams that don't know what you look for in WRs).

I don't even like Metcalf all that much but this is a blasphemous statement.

35 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Deja Vu all over again.  

My spidey sense is kicking in, too.

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

261 posts and still waiting for a good one!

Firstly, if you don't know why Metcalf is a bust, there's little way I can help you. Maybe I'm too hard on Burns and his mold. I know many in football feel very much the way I do. Clay and Fackrell are different from Burns in quite a number of ways. Again, if you don't know that, not much I can say, and I've pointed out to the difference in Clay. Fackrell was round 3 with almost the same probs as Burns, not at 12. I'm very ok with that spot for Burns.

Idiot -- definition of: giving 50 million guaranteed to a guy who throws a ball  and stopped talking to family for unknown reasons.

Labeling a player with Metcalf's tools a 100% bust before he's even drafted is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen on here. That's probably closer to the definition of idiot than yours.

Firstly, if you don't know why Metcalf is a bust, there's little way I can help you. Maybe I'm too hard on Burns and his mold. I know many in football feel very much the way I do. Clay and Fackrell are different from Burns in quite a number of ways. Again, if you don't know that, not much I can say, and I've pointed out to the difference in Clay. Fackrell was round 3 with almost the same probs as Burns, not at 12. I'm very ok with that spot for Burns.

Comparing Kyler Fackrell, one of the worst EDGE athletes on record to Brian Burns, an elite EDGE athlete is so beyond insane I can't even comprehend it.

So let me get this straight.... Janis is a better prospect and more athletic than DK Metcalf? And the team that has Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs at WR, have no idea what to look for in WRs?

Archived