2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:
27 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

Yes , I see Martinez and also Kenny Clark coming to fifth year option time. And Mike Daniels contract expiring.

Only 1st round picks have the 5th year option.  Martinez will be a UFA

Great.  I was responding to what I quoted before you edited your post.

My point still stands as correct.

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Y'all need to accept the fact that this forum is so big and has so many different fans that no matter what happens everyone is gonna be upset with the draft lol

I feel like the only straight up "I'm mad" realistic options at 12 for me are Wilkins and "any quarterback."

16 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:
21 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Y'all need to accept the fact that this forum is so big and has so many different fans that no matter what happens everyone is gonna be upset with the draft lol

I feel like the only straight up "I'm mad" realistic options at 12 for me are Wilkins and "any quarterback."

Not gonna lie man, me too. I don't like Wilkins. However I also don't really want an OT at 12 anymore. I like Dillard, that's it. But I've said it in recent days that I would prefer Spriggs fail first

You could convince me depending on how the board fell, that Hockenson or Bush would be the right pick despite the position at 12. I would also be cool with a trade up for a handful of guys, or a trade down for a handful of guys. 

There isn't anyone like Ward or Derwin that I loved so emphatically this year that I will rage if we don't take at 12, unless Quinnen magically fell. 

44 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Not gonna lie man, me too. I don't like Wilkins. However I also don't really want an OT at 12 anymore. I like Dillard, that's it. But I've said it in recent days that I would prefer Spriggs fail first

You could convince me depending on how the board fell, that Hockenson or Bush would be the right pick despite the position at 12. I would also be cool with a trade up for a handful of guys, or a trade down for a handful of guys. 

There isn't anyone like Ward or Derwin that I loved so emphatically this year that I will rage if we don't take at 12, unless Quinnen magically fell. 

He has, for three years. 

36 minutes ago, Golfman said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

He has, for three years. 

false. 

52 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He has, for three years. 

Yep. 

He's had 1000s of regular season snaps and years to adjust to playing at 315+.

Oh wait, no he hasn't.

Any way you cut it... 315+ Spriggs last season exceeded expectations. I'm excited to see what he can do with another off-season under his belt. 

24 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

false. 

3 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Yep. 

He's had 1000s of regular season snaps and years to adjust to playing at 315+.

Oh wait, no he hasn't.

Any way you cut it... 315+ Spriggs last season exceeded expectations. I'm excited to see what he can do with another off-season under his belt. 

You two are silly.   These picks need to be able to come in and supplant an All Pro Left Tackle or a top 5-10 RT.  Anything less than that and that type of player is a bust.    He has had chances at LT, RT, RG at least that I can recall.  He should be able to handle all 5 OL spots by now. 

2 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bu7VCs3ld5efCR3fDjj_vM09KjYbY_SBDkdJHRJPOew/edit?usp=sharing

Hey dudes, last time I pimp the draft database. 

Early link  drop for our 2020 database - still heavily under construction. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbJONz-aRK6WCaSUH4sGS1wAjN_lkg1j7Mrtp1lGJxw/edit?usp=sharing

@CalhounLambeau

Thanks for all the hard work you do in putting that together.  

You got a quick rundown of top players are a few positions that GB could be interested in targeting for 2019?  Namely DL, EDGE, Safety, TE, OT, IOL

Thanks!!!

5 hours ago, Norse65 said:

Yes , I see Martinez. And Kenny Clark coming to fifth year option time. And Mike Daniels contract expiring. Bulaga. Clark will get big money soon or he's going to cost much more later.   If he plays out his fifth year and hits the FA market he could slip away. I doubt Daniels is resigned. That's why I've been thinking we will see someone drafted. DL are hard to find and FAs are high priced.

I agree about Clark.  I don't see any way that the Packers let him get away, he would have to throw an Antonio Brown like fit.  IMO Clark is going to be a 3 contract Packer.  I think Martinez also should be brought back for a second contract.  Daniels, I am with you.  Let the guy walk instead of that expensive third contract.  

I have a much different take on the OL than most here seem to.  I would take a RT in this draft, if the value is there.  That said, I am comfortable with retaining Bulaga or Spriggs with the intention of them manning the RT position (Bulaga would be a shorter term solution).  With the exceptions of Turner and Madison, all of our linemen's contracts expire in 2020 or 2021, so we will probably need to add there through extensions and draftees.

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

For safeties, I think I want Hooker.  But that is subject to change.  I know we need one, but I'm not sure which one.  Wouldn't it be nice if there were a true top level safety in this draft, when we have a reasonably high pick, and ammo to move up?

Would be easier if we knew how the Packers view Amos. 

Archived