2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

13 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

For safeties, I think I want Hooker.  But that is subject to change.  I know we need one, but I'm not sure which one.  Wouldn't it be nice if there were a true top level safety in this draft, when we have a reasonably high pick, and ammo to move up?

Just imagine if there was a Derwin James in this draft...geez. It would be nice if there was a safety in this draft that was a top 10 talent instead of what appears to be a bunch of 2nd round guys besides maybe one or two who may sneak into the late 1st.

If Adderley would of actually participated in the combine and tested very well, I think he would be in the conversation for a top 15 pick.

I watch a cut up or two and move on after a bit I'll come watch what they have left if I liked them to confirm that it wasnt just a recency bias kind of thing. 

Is it an incomplete eval? Absolutely. Now do I act like I know that prospect based off that? For sure. Will I stop? No. 😂.  But stats I dont really look at after they get me interested in a prospect.

I'll knock a prospect off from the combine and it might highlight a guy I should watch that I hadn't previously. Otherwise it can kindve jostle their positions but Juan Thornhill didnt jump to the top of my safeties or anything like that.

Injuries and character really dont factor in with me at all unless I know someone killed a guy or something. Otherwise I dont get to be in on dr visits or interviews so I dont really care about all that.

I try not to let helmets effect any evals.

If someone is super high on a guy I'm not as much, I'll go back and watch a few of the other cut ups to better understand where they're coming from.

@GHARMON9

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

I think that Darnell Savage is a first rounder. 

I think that 3 tackles go in the top 11 picks.

Pretty wide range of outcomes on Savage IMHO.

Could sneak into the first round or he could nearly fall out of the second (Personally, I think the bottom of the 2nd is probably his floor). In another class he'd probably be a safe bet for a Top-40 selection, but there are safeties in the same range that NFL FOs can become enamored with. 

The one thing Savage doesn't have is size (I personally don't care, I love the guy), but I'm not sure all FOs will feel the same way. It wouldn't be a complete shock if he was the 6th or 7th safety drafted. Assuming the first safety gets drafted in the late 20's, Savage could be waiting for awhile to hear his name. 

14 hours ago, cannondale said:

Would be easier if we knew how the Packers view Amos. 

Doesn't Pettine like the interchangeable Safety?  Hooker would be a nice compliment to Amos because they could play both spots and allow Pettine to better disguise his sets.

4 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

My gut says Gute will trade down from 12. If he can't find a trade partner, he'll take Dillard. Dillard is a safe choice and replaces Bulaga after this season. A safe choice at 12 allows Gute to gamble at 30. Probably takes someone who slides because of injury concerns. Simmons? Sweat? #44 will be a skill position, either S, CB, or slot receiver. I'm sure I'm wrong!

From what i understand, Dillard seems like a LT only type player and lacks the physicality to play RT. I know some people who don't even love him at LT. I don't think RT is as much of a need as most here and definitely would prefer to stay away from Dillard, especially at 12. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

You guys still aiming for Burns at 12? I remember that was the consensus last I checked a few weeks ago. Feels like Burns has been slipping though. 

Based on what? Media mock drafts? 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You guys still aiming for Burns at 12? I remember that was the consensus last I checked a few weeks ago. Feels like Burns has been slipping though. 

I think it's more like he's climbing and won't make it to twelve.

Just now, BayRaider said:

I think they go Oliver. 

Unless Oliver goes before 8. 

Honestly, Green Bay is probably looking at Oliver, Sweat, and Burns at 12. 

If none of them are there (Or they don't want to deal with Sweat's heart condition). Trade down. 

If you can't trade down, they'll probably draft an OT, but really who knows? 

Archived