2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

4 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Per NFL.Com

"Ultimately, the combine deemed his condition low-risk and cleared Sweat to participate."

That's the medical every team uses in their draft room. You think all those prospects then fly to 32 other cities so each team can then give them their own medical? Sure for medical liability sake they have to clear or not clear a guy for that workout, but that's the draft medical right there, they've failed guys many times, and they didn't bring him back for a re-check. He's not going to be a problem.

I figured we'd finally all learned the lesson last year with the Raiders straight stealing a top 50 guy in round 5 with Hurst, guess not.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

That's the medical every team uses in their draft room. You think all those prospects then fly to 32 other cities so each team can then give them their own medical? Sure for medical liability sake they have to clear or not clear a guy for that workout, but that's the draft medical right there, they've failed guys many times, and they didn't bring him back for a re-check. He's not going to be a problem.

I figured we'd finally all learned the lesson last year with the Raiders straight stealing a top 50 guy in round 5 with Hurst, guess not.

Because when a gamble works out it was obviously the right choice and when they don't they were obviously the wrong choice.

Just now, Jaegybomb said:

Because when a gamble works out it was obviously the right choice and when they don't they were obviously the wrong choice.

Name one of these "heart condition" cases where the guy was cleared that hasn't worked. Not because the player turned out to be bad, but because the complications from that issue.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Name one of these "heart condition" cases where the guy was cleared that hasn't worked. Not because the player turned out to be bad, but because the complications from that issue.

I don't give enough of a **** to look.

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

With Sweat I see a player that is stronger, better against the run, and Burns' equal when it comes to athleticism. Burns can turn the corner a bit faster, but can he do that at Sweat's weight? I'm not sure. That's what puts him down for me. I don't necessarily care where we play Dillard, I just think he's a better overall player than Burns is and I think you can't have enough good offensive linemen. 

Thats cool. I can respect that. I've obviously got a bias for Burns and my opinions been expressed more than anybody cares to read it - so I wont repeat it.

If Burns was gone and Sweat was there at 12? I'd take Sweat. I'm not weighing "against the run" skills as much as I want to finish off that pass rush package with a top tier talent. Who can produce THIS YEAR. I want our 2019 pass rush to be no if's, and's or but's dominant. Done.

Now - if such a talent exists further down the draft food chain (?) - I might question that....... - but fine with me.

Just get that guy.

I'm calling right now that one of these four are 100% going to be available at 12th overall:

Josh Allen, Nick Bosa, Q. Williams, Ed Oliver.  Just don't see any possibility otherwise given the players available and who is picking ahead of us.  

Not with only 8 of the following having to be picked first:

Murray, J. Williams, Dillard, White, Metcalf, Jones, Lock, Haskins, Hockenson, Taylor, Bush, Sweat, Wilkins, Gary, Burns, Ferrell etc being available.

Also, if I had 10 to 1 odds, I'd bet M. Brown goes top 11, probably to Bengals, especially if Metcalf goes.  There will be a Ted Ginn - really? - WR pick in the top ten this year I think.  

If not, the first call I'd make would be to Mayock hoping to trade 12th for either 24th or 27th overall plus either the Raiders or Bears 2020 first round pick.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm calling right now that one of these four are 100% going to be available at 12th overall:

Josh Allen, Nick Bosa, Q. Williams, Ed Oliver.  Just don't see any possibility otherwise given the players available and who is picking ahead of us.  

Murray, J. Williams, Dillard, White, Metcalf, Jones, Lock, Haskins, Hockenson, Taylor, Bush, Sweat, Wilkins, Gary, Burns, Ferrell etc being available.

Also, if I had 10 to 1 odds, I'd bet M. Brown goes top 11, probably to Bengals, especially if Metcalf goes.  There will be a Ted Ginn - really? - WR pick in the top ten this year I think.  

If not, the first call I'd make would be to Mayock hoping to trade 12th for either 24th or 27th overall plus either the Raiders or Bears 2020 first round pick.

If I had to guess of those four, it would be Oliver.

Hard to tell with the QBs, but I think those four are going to be gone.

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If I had to guess of those four, it would be Oliver.

Hard to tell with the QBs, but I think those four are going to be gone.

I still have to imagine one QB goes right after us... hard for me to see all 4 gone by 12. 

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who is J Williams? Did you mean Taylor?

Archived