2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Well a certain amount of this is just projection.  But say you think he's Anthony Barr.  Is that a bad pick at 12?

If you thought he could be Barr, it  is not a bad pick for a 4-3 team. It doesn't seem a fit for us though. 

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Saw that Gary pulled a 9 on the Wonderlic. 

Yikes.

A person who scores a 10 or below is considered illiterate. I think Brent Fullwood once scored a 1 (he got his name right) but elevated it to a 5 or 6. Talk about a box of rocks ...

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Saw that Gary pulled a 9 on the Wonderlic. 

Oh my and he's opening up a business to represent athletes as their agents. 

Kind of explains his looks like Tarzan plays like Jane too. Anybody remember Torrence Marshall? 

54 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If you thought he could be Barr, it  is not a bad pick for a 4-3 team. It doesn't seem a fit for us though. 

When he was drafted, Barr was considered a very odd fit for a 4-3 team with the saving grace being "well, he can rush the passer on passing downs."

Plus, the Jets didn't offer him a huge contract to not rush the passer.

40 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Come on Thursday, can't take any more paralysis by over analysis on this board.

NFL Network's live mock draft Burns didn't go in round 1. Maybe we get him @44 O.o Then it won't be as much of a problem if he busts. I"m still not off the Joe Jackson in round 3/4 train either. Not the singer either. (the 20 and 30 somethings are rushing to google the singer right now!)

Would be a hoot if we got Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan!

LOL - Owners are so stupid. Try winning you morons.

This story is incredible. Prisco reports that the Cardinals' ownership floated the idea of drafting Murray because they had trouble selling tickets. However, this did not change matters, as the idea of drafting Murray generated a lukewarm response. Thus, the Cardinals are no longer going to draft Murray, according to Prisco. "They're going in a different direction," Prisco said.

If this is true, it actually lines up with a Jerimiah podcast where he said that Murray still visiting other teams had him questioning the Cardinals committment to the pick

Well, how exactly are you going to win games in April?  I think more likely the aesthetic concern is Keim is on a very hot seat, and he stands a better chance of keeping his job if the Cardinals are at least fun, which is easier to do with a QB who runs around and makes plays, even though you lose a lot, than you do by playing good defense in boring games.

7 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Well, how exactly are you going to win games in April?  I think more likely the aesthetic concern is Keim is on a very hot seat, and he stands a better chance of keeping his job if the Cardinals are at least fun, which is easier to do with a QB who runs around and makes plays, even though you lose a lot, than you do by playing good defense in boring games.

Well I guess drafting a QB #1 every year is one way to go ...

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Yikes.

A person who scores a 10 or below is considered illiterate. I think Brent Fullwood once scored a 1 (he got his name right) but elevated it to a 5 or 6. Talk about a box of rocks ...

Don’t you get 2 points for holding the pencil correct?🤪

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Quinnen with an 11. Woof. Wonder if that hurts him at all...

Prospect fatigue: See above for definition.

Just busting your chops, but this is what happens when you study the same prospects for as long as we all have. Ready for these guys to finally be drafted. No, this isn't going to do anything negative for Quinnen.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Prospect fatigue: See above for definition.

Just busting your chops, but this is what happens when you study the same prospects for as long as we all have. Ready for these guys to finally be drafted. No, this isn't going to do anything negative for Quinnen.

Was actually surprised when I read it. Guy sounded pretty intelligent in his interviews I thought and seems football smart. I mean he's no Tillery (31) but thought he'd hit the 17-21 mark. Maybe he just didnt give a ****...

Archived