Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

9 minutes ago, August4th said:

hurst is not even the best TE they drafted lol and he's old for a rookie ..will be 26 when next season starts..he's older than Jesse James

Ha I didn’t know that. I knew he was a baseball player so I should have figured that. It makes it even funnier then 

have a hard time seeing NE going 2-0 against KC and LA/NO

that defense is not the same on the road and all those teams can put up points.

really hope KC win next week tho..just so over NE being in a SB. they are boring and I don't want another two weeks hearing how great bill/tom are..its played out

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Now all the Steelers fans can stop leaning on their 6 trophies as though somehow its relevant to every discussion as we have now been surpassed by NE as the most successful franchise.

Huh?

The Patriots have been good for about 20 years.    Before that, they were largely irrelevant. 

They are definitely the best NFL dynasty, but best overall franchise?    No.    Their accomplishments pretty much begin and end with Belichick and Brady.      I still consider the Steelers, Packers and Cowboys better overall franchises with a richer and more storied histories.   

Bottom line....The Patriots are the best modern day franchise....but the league is older than 20 years.

And even if the Patriots have 6 SBs, what does that mean in regards to ours?   Does that somehow diminish ours?     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Huh?

The Patriots have been good for about 20 years.    Before that, they were largely irrelevant. 

They are definitely the best NFL dynasty, but best overall franchise?    No.    Their accomplishments pretty much begin and end with Belichick and Brady.      I still consider the Steelers, Packers and Cowboys better overall franchises with a richer and more storied histories.   

Bottom line....The Patriots are the best modern day franchise....but the league is older than 20 years.

And even if the Patriots have 6 SBs, what does that mean in regards to ours?   Does that somehow diminish ours?     

No it doesn't diminish our it's but right now they are winning and we are losing. They are the standard and we are not. Which is pretty telling for a coach that says the standard is the standard whatever the hell that means. My point is this I would hope that this encourages our front office to stop being stagnant and start making actual impactful decisions

Steelers fans are spoiled and always have been since as long as I can remember. Every team wants to ask..."Why do the Patriots always win and we don't"?  Yes it's frustrating to be so close only to "underachieve". You don't think the Colts, Saints, Packers, Seahawks....etc. have all felt that way during the Pats reign? What other AFC team has 2 SBs since B&B started their run? FO isn't making impactful decisions because they have 6 trophies? I mean, read that out loud and see how it sounds. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Steelers fans are spoiled and always have been since as long as I can remember. Every team wants to ask..."Why do the Patriots always win and we don't"?  Yes it's frustrating to be so close only to "underachieve". You don't think the Colts, Saints, Packers, Seahawks....etc. have all felt that way during the Pats reign? What other AFC team has 2 SBs since B&B started their run? FO isn't making impactful decisions because they have 6 trophies? I mean, read that out loud and see how it sounds. 

just before I saw this post, someone posted a pic that had us with 2nd most wins in the NFL since 2000. only behind NE, who have been on a historic pace. Steeler fans need some perspective sometimes lol

• Like 2

honesty can see the steelers getting worse, just because its hard to keep up the kind of winning we have seen. we are due some real hard times, its the nature of sports. the same will happen to the Pats. I think only the yankees are the only franchise in north America to never have dark times, but they have a economical advantage to keep them from avoiding multiple losing years.

Edited by August4th