Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

Just now, ekill08x said:

I wouldnt be opposed to that. If we have a really bad second half of the season though, the fans will be very loud about even potentially cleaning house now as we should. It is better to do this now in Darnolds career as opposed to midway through. We have the QB for once, now we need the guys to build the rest of the team. 

Agree I would fire Bowles if he doesn't at minimum get to 6 wins.  If we fizzle down the stretch he'd likely be gone.  Problem is then Mac hires his guy and lets say he bombs FA next year.  the hot GM on the market is going to want to pick his guy and we very well can't go firing whoever we just hired as coach (Defilppo, Carmichael etc).  It would be so Jets to go that route.  That would tie us to Mac for another few years and he hasn't exactly been good enough to do that.  If he bombs FA next year and we miss the playoffs he has to go too, no?

I never understanding the Bowels hire right from the start. Knowing the Johnson's       I wonder it the Rooney rule had anything to do with his hiring, I don't know who else they interviewed for the job. The man just doesn't seem to be head coach material. We have done worst remember Rich KOTITE.

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I never understanding the Bowels hire right from the start. Knowing the Johnson's       I wonder it the Rooney rule had anything to do with his hiring, I don't know who else they interviewed for the job. The man just doesn't seem to be head coach material. We have done worst remember Rich KOTITE.

Oh c'mon. Bowles was a hot commodity coming out of coaching that elite Arizona D. We're just too slow on turning page. 

14 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Oh c'mon. Bowles was a hot commodity coming out of coaching that elite Arizona D. We're just too slow on turning page. 

Hes not who I wanted but I thought he was going to be substantially better than this. Hes been an awful HC and honestly we've had some pretty awful rosters. I want to tell myself to give the GM more of chance, but its getting harder and harder. Bowles definitely has to go. If Harbaugh or Marrone get fired I would take either of them. Both can do a good job of over-seeing everything and hire a good OC to develop Darnold. I just expect Mac to be the safer one. He just has to do much better than this. 

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Hes not who I wanted but I thought he was going to be substantially better than this. Hes been an awful HC and honestly we've had some pretty awful rosters. I want to tell myself to give the GM more of chance, but its getting harder and harder. Bowles definitely has to go. If Harbaugh or Marrone get fired I would take either of them. Both can do a good job of over-seeing everything and hire a good OC to develop Darnold. I just expect Mac to be the safer one. He just has to do much better than this. 

Jets picked Bowles over Marrone as well as they won't wait until Super Bowl was concluded to interview Dan Quinn.  That's all I can remember. Apologies if it is incorrect.

DYSFUNCTIONAL After nine weeks, this is the product the Jets put on the field. What owner in the NFL would not have the entire coaching staff in his office 9:00 am Monday morning? As a long time Jet fan yesterday ranks with one of the most pathetic offensive performance in Jet history. Bowles was totally lost in yesterday game. how could he keep Long in the game as long as he did. This game was a major setback for our QB of the future, and there is nobody to blame but the coaching staff. 

Last game was not a major setback.  Jets have been the same for many games.  When it worked, you got excited, when it didn't work, you going mad.  That is only a true difference.

If Jets actually fired Bowles for first time in history(?) then I could see it happen right before bye week.  2 weeks to refine the system makes sense to Darnold and his pathetic company.

Freddie Kitchens had done well as OC debut. The boxscore of that side looked good.  Utilized talents properly. If he continues to do that for the rest of the season then I can see Browns eye Dave Toub as their next HC.  So that means Jets would have one team fewer competition for John Defilippo if Bowles was actually fired.

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Anyone see Bart go off on Bowles for his post game comments on SNY? Was great, after that showing on offense and how great our defense was how do you blame the defense for not getting turnovers lmao.

We could've produced 4 more turnovers yesterday and we would've still had the same amount of points.

50 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

3 downs and out equals a turnover?  Ha!  Jets ignored him without any second thought.   Jets need someone with real intelligent football mind to speak out against Jets.

He’s actually very intelligent. His point was turnovers or not that defense did their job and our offense, in a league where it’s made for offense, was disgusting. We’ve regressed so much the past three games, including the QB. Todd Bowles is the unintelligent mind not Bart. Doesn’t matter who speaks out, our owners are $&@!ing LOSERS!!!

Bowles and Bates are kind of a joke. Bowles didnt think about benching Spencer Long according to his press conference. excuse me...long has been snapping the ball out of shotguh poorly all season. 

Now he is associating it with a real injury and Bates doesnt have the mental fortitude to take Darnold out of shotgun. What the hell is wrong with these people...

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

He’s actually very intelligent. His point was turnovers or not that defense did their job and our offense, in a league where it’s made for offense, was disgusting. We’ve regressed so much the past three games, including the QB. Todd Bowles is the unintelligent mind not Bart. Doesn’t matter who speaks out, our owners are $&@!ing LOSERS!!!

Yeah... it won't matter who speaks out.

For that game against Dolphins, Jets needed to register a several takeaways to have decent opportunity to score.  The offense was flatout bad and unable to move into field goal territory.  With "turnovers", Jets could score 3 or 4 FG to win the game with the way defense had played.  Still, in general, we can't count on turnovers to save Bowles' face. The offense unit has to be in control for an half of a game at worst. Not less than that.

Archived