Jump to content
Dawgpoun8017

Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Anyone that doesn’t know well enough not to argue with NFL Gens deserves no backup IMO...

First time we can troll in nfl gen since 2007. 

Seize the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kiwibrown said:

First time we can troll in nfl gen since 2007. 

Seize the day.

If you haven’t trolled NFL Gen since ‘07 you’re not doing NFL Gen right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you haven’t trolled NFL Gen since ‘07 you’re not doing NFL Gen right.

Well troll as browns fans about our QB situation. 

I made the claim we had the best qb group in the league. Brady and Anderson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Well troll as browns fans about our QB situation. 

I made the claim we had the best qb group in the league. Brady and Anderson.

For a moment we all did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mega Ron said:

I troll it by being the only one of us left in the Survivor pool.

And I picked us for the win.

I SAW THAT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the win from a Steelers fan.

You can take solace in the fact that the Browns have a far superior chance of winning the Super Bowl over the next five years our Pirates winning the World Series in the next decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Legitimatley, my #1 fear for our long term future as a team at this point is that Baker saves this coaching staff their jobs and we get stuck in a Green Bay McCarthy type situation where we have the talent to go to the Superbowl year in year out and our coaching holds us back. I was really looking forward to some offensively brilliant coach coming in next year to take Baker and this group, add a stud #1 WR, and wreck the league.

I uh, think the offense will eventually be Baker's offense. I'm sure we'll have an offensive coordinator but Baker will run the offense for most of the next 15 years if he proves to be good. He knows exactly how to use his talents best and if we lose an offensive coordinator to another job I think Baker just keeps control of the offense in game even if there is someone there in name.

Sorta like Peyton did. Baker knows the tempo that works in the NFL .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I uh, think the offense will eventually be Baker's offense. I'm sure we'll have an offensive coordinator but Baker will run the offense for most of the next 15 years if he proves to be good. He knows exactly how to use his talents best and if we lose an offensive coordinator to another job I think Baker just keeps control of the offense in game even if there is someone there in name.

The problem with this is the Green Bay/New England comparison I made in another thread. A good coach's job is to implement a system that best fits his players' talents and abilities. Belichick changes the system every year for 15 years according to talent and how Brady has developed as a player, and they win multiple superbowls and are in the AFCCG every year. McCarthy barely even puts a "system" in place beyond "have Rodgers run around and then chuck it" and they have gone to one superbowl in a deacde of the career of one of the top 6-8 QBs of all time. 

Green Bay has been "Rodgers offense" for a decade, but the guy is a QB not a OC. His job is to work with the plays he is given. I would feel way, way more comfortable pairing Baker with someone I am confident knows what they are doing rather than just having him go out there and do what he can with a bad system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

The problem with this is the Green Bay/New England comparison I made in another thread. A good coach's job is to implement a system that best fits his players' talents and abilities. Belichick changes the system every year for 15 years according to talent and how Brady has developed as a player, and they win multiple superbowls and are in the AFCCG every year. McCarthy barely even puts a "system" in place beyond "have Rodgers run around and then chuck it" and they have gone to one superbowl in a deacde of the career of one of the top 6-8 QBs of all time. 

Green Bay has been "Rodgers offense" for a decade, but the guy is a QB not a OC. His job is to work with the plays he is given. I would feel way, way more comfortable pairing Baker with someone I am confident knows what they are doing rather than just having him go out there and do what he can with a bad system.

Baker doesn't run the Rodgers offense though. It is basically a 2 minute offense that gives the QB control anyway. Sure there will be times when playing with a lead that we take our foot off of the gas and the OC can call the plays but if we are behind or in a close game it really needs to be the tempo that Baker thrives in. Will the defense get tired? Maybe. If Baker is as good as he looks we will sustain drives so our TOP should still be dramatically improved from what we have seen in forever.

I'm sure we need an OC and they can play the role 98% of the week but on gameday if Baker is who I think he is then he take what the OC has come up with and implement it into the game as he sees fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll say this again. I’d trade our 1st this year for Sean Peyton. Sounds crazy but unless we nab Lincoln Riley, David Shaw, or Flip Idk if I can trust anyone with Baker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen you could nab any coach this year.  With the salary cap space the talent and the qb in place. . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×