Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

One good thing about Mayfield is that he has the arm strength and accuracy to be a one read QB. Give him the protection and he'll hit his guy anyway. Not that he will be that guy, but he could succeed doing it unlike 95% of guys.

Also, a lot of DB are going to drop picks because of his zip. Also, they will probably get some picks that are deflected off of receiver's hands, helmet etc... so it may even out.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

One good thing about Mayfield is that he has the arm strength and accuracy to be a one read QB. Give him the protection and he'll hit his guy anyway. Not that he will be that guy, but he could succeed doing it unlike 95% of guys.

Also, a lot of DB are going to drop picks because of his zip. Also, they will probably get some picks that are deflected off of receiver's hands, helmet etc... so it may even out.

I’d say he’s like a mini Favre with that arm, but I haven’t seen enough.

@Mind Character, weigh in here.

A lot of folks made light of the “leader of men” and “heehee” stuff, but I’ve never really said much about it.

The reason for that is I do actually believe in the idea that some men are born leaders/alphas/whatever, and have a natural ability to connect and lead other men.  

To that point, watch this video, it’s only a minute or two. The 3x Pro Bowler and established vet is gushing over the rookie. This is what those “leader of men” comments are referring to imo.

Archived