Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

22 minutes ago, N4L said:

Good for him, but damn 

I wonder how hard we persued him. I wonder if this means we will move quickly on ATLs old dc 

We already filled our two openings on defense. The only vacancy left is QB coach if Scangarello gets the denver job.

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

I think DB coach is still open no? Isn't Woods just the passing game coordinator on defense?

I think it's just a fancy title, but that it's really the DB coach position, with an added emphasis on gameplanning, probably.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Knock Denver off the list. 

tenor.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers make sure they don't trade him to us since AB publicly has made it known he wants to come here. I feel like they will take the best deal to a team that isn't ideal to AB. 

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers make sure they don't trade him to us since AB publicly has made it known he wants to come here. I feel like they will take the best deal to a team that isn't ideal to AB. 

As I've been saying, what if what Brown is saying simply discourages other teams from making an offer? If he goes to what is at best a second choice, will he be disgruntled?

Do we get to talk to Brown beforehand? I know sometimes players are given the permission to seek out a trade, and they can "officially" talk to other teams. But does he have permission? If teams can't officially talk to him, will they take a chance? This might all be moot, because agents and GMs talk. They say they're meeting about a different player who's already on the team, but behind closed doors, they probably talk about Brown and whether or not he wants to join the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

As I've been saying, what if what Brown is saying simply discourages other teams from making an offer? If he goes to what is at best a second choice, will he be disgruntled?

Do we get to talk to Brown beforehand? I know sometimes players are given the permission to seek out a trade, and they can "officially" talk to other teams. But does he have permission? If teams can't officially talk to him, will they take a chance? This might all be moot, because agents and GMs talk. They say they're meeting about a different player who's already on the team, but behind closed doors, they probably talk about Brown and whether or not he wants to join the team. 

Any team that trades for him would absolutely ask to speak to him first. You don't want to trade for a malcontent without being assured that he wont continue to be malcontent 

If he wants to be a 49er, he can make sure that he is a 49er. 

I say, give the steelers a third. It will make me feel warm and fuzzy knowing that we traded TO away for a third, then used a third to get AB. Something about that just makes me feel like the universe always works itself out

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I’d give two 3rds if thats all it took to make this happen. I’m still thinking our 2nd this year atleast is what it takes but I’ll gladly be wrong there.

I'll give them Garçon as well. Cherry on top.

12 hours ago, N4L said:

Any team that trades for him would absolutely ask to speak to him first. You don't want to trade for a malcontent without being assured that he wont continue to be malcontent 

If he wants to be a 49er, he can make sure that he is a 49er. 

I say, give the steelers a third. It will make me feel warm and fuzzy knowing that we traded TO away for a third, then used a third to get AB. Something about that just makes me feel like the universe always works itself out

I was thinking about this too. Pitts could ship him anywhere they want but no team is gonna want to trade for him if he isn't willing to show and if Pits decides they won't meet his demands he could just simply say peace, bye....

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I was thinking about this too. Pitts could ship him anywhere they want but no team is gonna want to trade for him if he isn't willing to show and if Pits decides they won't meet his demands he could just simply say peace, bye....

Except that the Steelers can drag this on as long as they want. If an interested team wants to have him for offseason program, the Steelers have some leverage. But they might also want to get rid of the distraction as fast as they can. Oh, and there's a roster bonus, too, right? They don't want to pay that unnecessarily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

Except that the Steelers can drag this on as long as they want. If an interested team wants to have him for offseason program, the Steelers have some leverage. But they might also want to get rid of the distraction as fast as they can. Oh, and there's a roster bonus, too, right? They don't want to pay that unnecessarily.

Roster bonus the second or third day of the new season which I believe would be March 14th or something. I actually expect there to be a trade in place before the new season starts if there is going to be one, similar to Alex Smith last year. Not sure if it's announced as Alex Smith's was but the teams involved will want to know what they have or don't have in terms of personnel after the trade roster wise and pick wise before prepping for FA and the draft.

31 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Roster bonus the second or third day of the new season which I believe would be March 14th or something. I actually expect there to be a trade in place before the new season starts if there is going to be one, similar to Alex Smith last year. Not sure if it's announced as Alex Smith's was but the teams involved will want to know what they have or don't have in terms of personnel after the trade roster wise and pick wise before prepping for FA and the draft.

I believe that there will be a trade in place as well when the league season opens.  They are either going to have him dealt before the roster bonus kicks in, or they are going to wait until June when they can spread the hit over the next two seasons. There is no reason to trade him in between those two periods.