Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

Worst no call i've ever seen. 

Maaaaaaan, feel for the Saints so much after that terrible miss call. Saints were going to go to the SB if that gets called DPI as they could have just pretty much ran the clock out. 

Saints losing some heart breakers like we did from 2011-2013. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maaaaaaan, feel for the Saints so much after that terrible miss call. Saints were going to go to the SB if that gets called DPI as they could have just pretty much ran the clock out. 

They really need to make a rule to challenge penalties or something or to have a review. Just absolutely ludicrous non-call. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It wasn't even the first - Nickel Roby should have gotten flaggged on that 3rd and 8 against Michael Thomas as well earlier. Absolutely terrible that the refs missed both of those calls. 

That being said, they also didn't flag the facemask on goff on the other end, which was also pretty obvious. 

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

It wasn't even the first - Nickel Roby should have gotten flaggged on that 3rd and 8 against Michael Thomas as well earlier. Absolutely terrible that the refs missed both of those calls. 

That being said, they also didn't flag the facemask on goff on the other end, which was also pretty obvious. 

True, but one is a lot more bang bang than the other..

This call was about as obvious as a call can get. Those refs should straight up be fired and their needs to be a massive overhaul on replay. They get more commercial time anyways. 

20 minutes ago, John232 said:

I have serious doubts we will ever compete with this Rams team. 

I hate this so much. 

The Rams aren't on the verge of a dynasty or anything. McVay/Phillips should always keep them competitive and in the hunt for sure, But they pushed all their chips to the middle of the table last off-season and they better hope it leads to a SB trophy. They'll have holes to fill this off-season. Suh, Joyner, and Fowler will all be FAs this year. Not to mention they have some young guys they'll have to make decisions on. They'll have to draft smart to keep this thing going. Sure Goff, Gurley, and Donald a great core to go to war with. But I'd be shocked if they were a team like the Hawks, who made it to back-to-back SBs.

Edited by 757-NINER

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The Rams aren't on the verge of a dynasty or anything. McVay/Phillips should always keep them competitive and in the hunt for sure, But they pushed all their chips to the middle of the table last off-season and they better hope it leads to a SB trophy. They'll have holes to fill this off-season. Suh, Peters, Talib, and Fowler will all be FAs this year. Not to mention they have some young guys they'll have to make decisions on. They'll have to draft smart to keep this thing going. Sure Goff, Gurley, and Donald a great core to go to war with. But I'd be shocked if they were a team like the Hawks, who made it to back-to-back SBs.

Regardless, they have a QB on a great contract, and two amazing coaches who aren't going anywhere. They have an incredible future while we're still playing catch-up, have more or less an unknown at QB getting paid big bucks and a highly questionable DC and a FO that isn't great at spending money;. 

At best we're pulling a Rex Ryan Jets for a couple years.

52 minutes ago, John232 said:

I have serious doubts we will ever compete with this Rams team. 

I hate this so much. 

They have a great team, and we certainly couldn't compete with them this year, and probably not next year. But it's really hard to keep the band together in the NFL nowadays and I think after next season, their window will be pointing downward unless their drafts are really good (which is certainly possible).  Goff can be extended after this year, and I think in the case of a quarterback, you want to get that done as soon as possible, so I wouldn't be shocked if they do that after this season. That will eat up a good chunk of cap moving forward. Joyner is no big loss after the way he has played this year, but I wouldn't expect both Suh and Fowler back (maybe one). Saffold is also a free agent, and Whitworth will certainly be looking at retirement soon. 

So they are going to have to do some work to keep the team playing at this level. But yeah, this is an uphill battle for us at the current point in time. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Welp, on a cover 0 you have to take the crosser as it is almost always open.

Wow, no clue if it touched Edelman or not. Unreal, what a huge call here. Can't overturn it right? 

I didn't think that they could, but I will admit, even if the replays weren't 100% conclusive, they did a really good job from the various angles of making it look like it completely missed him. Still stupid of Edelman to even be in that position there.