Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, Hulkburn said:

AB loves the spotlight. Getting the ball, being the star, media attention, people in his mentions clambering for him to stay or come to the 49ers, it’s all a ploy for AB to stay in the news imo 

Which is why I feel he ISN'T quite the fit for the 9ers that many think he is...we don't need any divas.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Which is why I feel he ISN'T quite the fit for the 9ers that many think he is...we don't need any divas.

We need elite players, so he's certainly a fit. 

No team wants divas, sometimes you just end up with them. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

We need elite players, so he's certainly a fit. 

No team wants divas, sometimes you just end up with them. 

Right, amazing how folks are worried about him being such a diva and ignoring how far off we are talent wise compared to the best teams. If Jimmy G is what we believe he is, then we need to put the best talent around as possible for the duration of his career. Give him a chance to lead us to the playoffs/SB every single year. 

If we get Brown/Thomas this offseason while improving depth with a solid draft? Then we instantly become a contending team. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thanks. That was an interesting read. Haslam better keep listening to Dorsey...Dorsey's choice of Mayfield over all other QBs appears brilliant in the first year.

I admit I thought it would. 😎

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Too little too late. I don't buy this. All this seems like they want to up his trade value by saying we can always bring him back if you guys low ball us. But it's too late for that. Everyone knows it will be a complete mess if he returns. He's gone, nice try by Ian though. Those Steelers sources trying to feed him some BS.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Too little too late. I don't buy this. All this seems like they want to up his trade value by saying we can always bring him back if you guys low ball us. But it's too late for that. Everyone knows it will be a complete mess if he returns. He's gone, nice try by Ian though. Those Steelers sources trying to feed him some BS.......

I think it depends. I do think that there's going to be a floor that they are willing to accept for him. But I think the big thing is whether or not they can get a trade done at the start of the league year. The chances of him being dealt certainly go down the longer that they go without a trade. Time does have a tendency to help matters such as this. If he's not traded before the roster bonus kicks in, I don't think that he'd get traded until June when they can chop up the dead money, and by then, both sides could come to some sort of understanding. It wouldn't be the most shocking thing ever to him on the Steelers roster to start the season for me. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think it depends. I do think that there's going to be a floor that they are willing to accept for him. But I think the big thing is whether or not they can get a trade done at the start of the league year. The chances of him being dealt certainly go down the longer that they go without a trade. Time does have a tendency to help matters such as this. If he's not traded before the roster bonus kicks in, I don't think that he'd get traded until June when they can chop up the dead money, and by then, both sides could come to some sort of understanding. It wouldn't be the most shocking thing ever to him on the Steelers roster to start the season for me. 

He's gone man, no need to even think of other scenarios. Do they want another Le'veon Bell situation? What if they don't trade for him and he just sits out or acts like more of a "distraction" as they say? Too much smoke there and they are now just trying to figure out a way to get the most value for him. 

The relationship between him and Big Ben isn't all of sudden going to improve now. A change is needed for both sides. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's gone man, no need to even think of other scenarios. Do they want another Le'veon Bell situation? What if they don't trade for him and he just sits out or acts like more of a "distraction" as they say? Too much smoke there and they are now just trying to figure out a way to get the most value for him. 

The relationship between him and Big Ben isn't all of sudden going to improve now. A change is needed for both sides. 

In fairness to Brown, he's never shown that he would hold out or do anything similar to what Bell did this year. He even showed up to play in week 17 and the last I've heard on anything, he hasn't officially requested a trade. I think assuming that this would be a Bell situation with missed games is a step or two too far. But he's always been a bit of a distraction in other ways, so obviously that is still an issue. 

I slant more toward him being traded, obviously, but I'm not like a 99% he's gone type.  Its still a little early to answer. I think end of Feb / start of March is really closer to when we will get a general idea on what the odds are that he's being moved in my opinion. I agree that this makes more sense as a "we are trying to extricate more value for him" type situation though. The quote is from Steeler's sources, not Brown's camp directly, and it's complete hearsay on the part of Rapp. I'd put more stock in it if it were from Brown, or Brown's agent, or something like that. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

In fairness to Brown, he's never shown that he would hold out or do anything similar to what Bell did this year. He even showed up to play in week 17 and the last I've heard on anything, he hasn't officially requested a trade. I think assuming that this would be a Bell situation with missed games is a step or two too far. But he's always been a bit of a distraction in other ways, so obviously that is still an issue. 

I slant more toward him being traded, obviously, but I'm not like a 99% he's gone type.  Its still a little early to answer. I think end of Feb / start of March is really closer to when we will get a general idea on what the odds are that he's being moved in my opinion. I agree that this makes more sense as a "we are trying to extricate more value for him" type situation though. The quote is from Steeler's sources, not Brown's camp directly, and it's complete hearsay on the part of Rapp. I'd put more stock in it if it were from Brown, or Brown's agent, or something like that. 

I may be hoping more than anything here lol.

But I think he is gone. Lynch/Shanny gotta make a nice offer to the Steelers and get this done. Unfortunately the damn Colts could beat us for any player this offseason with their trade assets and cap space. Imagine Brown and Hilton with Luck???

Going to be disappointed if we don't end up with Brown to be honest. He has been giving signs of coming here for the past month and then you keep getting guys like Rice/TO come out and say Brown keeps talking about wanting to come here. Owens said Brown has asked him a few times in the offseason how the bay area is. 

So yeah, this needs to happen or else.....

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I may be hoping more than anything here lol.

But I think he is gone. Lynch/Shanny gotta make a nice offer to the Steelers and get this done. Unfortunately the damn Colts could beat us for any player this offseason with their trade assets and cap space. Imagine Brown and Hilton with Luck???

Going to be disappointed if we don't end up with Brown to be honest. He has been giving signs of coming here for the past month and then you keep getting guys like Rice/TO come out and say Brown keeps talking about wanting to come here. Owens said Brown has asked him a few times in the offseason how the bay area is. 

So yeah, this needs to happen or else.....

I'm right there with you. I'm going to be super disappointed if we don't end up with AB. I think his addition could quite honestly put us right around the top 5 offenses in the league if Jimmy G is good (granted, that is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge if), and I think in order to get anywhere in this league, you need to have an elite offense or an elite defense to push you forward (with elite offense being the preferred way to go). Get us AB and an elite offense with just a competently average defense, and I think we are there to be considered a legit threat in the playoffs.