Le'Veon Bell Holdout: Reporting to Steelers (Page 10)

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, 3rivers said:

according to crapaport, the team would have to wait until seasons end to work on a legit deal, anything before that can't be signed and final . Who would risk and friendship agreement with Bell after all this?  I can't see us getting a decent draft pick or a good player but stranger things have happened in the world of trades

The other part to all of this is the time left before the trade deadline. If we make the trade, will it be so we can trade for ET for example?  

If  we have the trade ready next week, can Bell still wait until week 10 to sign, essentially preventing the trade from happening ? I would expect teams  that trade would want the player to arrive asap , but how does this all work?

If Bell doesn't sign the tag before the trade deadline, that would kill it.   

I'm sure the Steelers would love to trade him for a 2019 3rd, tomorrow.  Some team might be desperate enough to do that trade.  Jets make sense because NY teams loving making big splash signings. 

1 hour ago, JLambert58 said:

If Bell doesn't sign the tag before the trade deadline, that would kill it.   

I'm sure the Steelers would love to trade him for a 2019 3rd, tomorrow.  Some team might be desperate enough to do that trade.  Jets make sense because NY teams loving making big splash signings. 

Would you consider Crowell if the Jets didn't want to trade a pick? What would the jets do with crowell once Bell is there anyways? 

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Crowell isnt better than what we have even without Bell.

not better but a good 1-2 combination and depth in case of injury.  I don't see the Jets (or anyone) trading for Bell and keeping their current RB1 but  do you?  I don't think bell plays in  a game until later on, maybe week 10. 

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know this is the Steeler way but its still kind of crazy to think he’s sitting out until Week 10. 

it's his call, and since he wasn't happy with last years deal and this years, this is where we are at. I never wanted them to sign him because I thought we needed help on D more than keeping Bell.  They should trade him for a RD2 pick if offered but from what I have read , they are only considering a really good pick. Nice one again, so this will go on for a while yet because once again colbert is playing hardball here.  

Why not a trade Bell and Burns/dupree to  Seattle for ET? Just get it over with before our D costs us a few more game , and asa result miss the playoffs? Sign ET to a deal right away.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

Why not a trade Bell and Burns/dupree to  Seattle for ET? Just get it over with before our D costs us a few more game , and asa result miss the playoffs? Sign ET to a deal right away

Because Bell isn't going to be able to sign a long term deal in Seattle and Friendship deals (seasons end) are written on toliet paper. If he's not playing for the Steelers and willing to sit, He's damn sure not playing for anyone else without a long term contract in place.

He's not getting traded. Every potential trade will be voided by his camp.

Only question now is, does he actually sit 10 gms or come back early, fake a injury and collect his check? Pittsburgh hoping for a trade is nothing more then a pipe dream at this point. That ship has sailed!!!

Archived