Dorsey a genius????

Keylargobrownie

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, same situation exactly.  

K.

Lol. Was thinking the same thing. 5 top 65 picks, like 3 young and upcoming stars, and a very young and talented roster is the exact same as only the normal picks for a bad team, one of the oldest and most expensive rosters in the league, and like zero young stars except for the one who didn't play for pretty much Sashi's whole tenure.

Dorsey has spent the war chest well so far from what we can tell, and kudos for it. But comparing the situation when he got here to the one when Sashi got here is hella dumb.

38 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Lol. Was thinking the same thing. 5 top 65 picks, like 3 young and upcoming stars, and a very young and talented roster is the exact same as only the normal picks for a bad team, one of the oldest and most expensive rosters in the league, and like zero young stars except for the one who didn't play for pretty much Sashi's whole tenure.

Dorsey has spent the war chest well so far from what we can tell, and kudos for it. But comparing the situation when he got here to the one when Sashi got here is hella dumb.

You Californians...

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, same situation exactly.  

K.

Did I say it was the same situation? Just said there were some similarities  

Sashi had plenty of cap space 2016. Browns had the most to spend that year I believe. So sashi could of really made some changes. Didn’t have to go crazy? No but def sign some guys who be worth it. Nah but he lets Schwartz, TBen, and Gipson all go.  I won’t even hold Mack against him. He settles to sign RGIII, Demario Davis and Bailey as his big additions after losing 3 starters. 

2016 draft Sashi could have stayed put and drafted Wentz or grew a pair and swapped picks with the titans and got Goff. Nope, all about draft capital, which is fine if you hit on the picks you traded down to gain that capital but he blew this picks. 

Just saying Sashi had chances to better the Browns his first year with FA and by drafting the franchise QB to build around. 

Dorsey comes in and uses the cap to fill holes on the team his first year and comes into the draft takes what is needed and who he thinks fits what he is doing. Instead of not trading down and gaining draft capital. 

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Never said the same but similar. Both came into their first year as browns GM with cap space and the pick to draft a franchise QB.

What sashi was handed, I was expected 3-6 win teams. I was expecting him to build  playoff team but at least a competent roster 

know Dorsey is starting on a different footing but it also leads to expecting this team to win 6-8 games this year. 

Dorsey at least came in with a plan of what to do for QB and stuck to it as long as possible. Sashi had no idea what he was doing for a QB

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Sashi had no idea what he was doing for a QB

The level of "I have no clue what I'm talking about" here is staggering.

There was a plan. It was to draft someone #1 overall this year. Dorsey had the same plan. Praising one and dumping on the other for having the same plan is... not the best look.

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Never said the same but similar. Both came into their first year as browns GM with cap space and the pick to draft a franchise QB.

What sashi was handed, I was expected 3-6 win teams. I was expecting him to build  playoff team but at least a competent roster 

know Dorsey is starting on a different footing but it also leads to expecting this team to win 6-8 games this year. 

Dorsey at least came in with a plan of what to do for QB and stuck to it as long as possible. Sashi had no idea what he was doing for a QB

Dorsey also had the number one pick sown up 

Sachi inherited an old expensive ineffective team. The Ray Farmer era set the team back 5 years.

Dorsey inherited an incompetent coach with a good young roster apart from QB, with possibly due best bounty of cap and draft picks ever.

This will never be the house that Dorsey built. That said retrospectively Sachi could of done a lot better, Haden, McCown, Osweiler, and he may of missed on mor picks than Dorsey.

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

The level of "I have no clue what I'm talking about" here is staggering.

There was a plan. It was to draft someone #1 overall this year. Dorsey had the same plan. Praising one and dumping on the other for having the same plan is... not the best look.

So from the minute Sashi   Became GM he knew his quarterback was going to come three years down the road when he had the number one overall pick? 

Not only is Sashi Harvard educated he’s a goddamn fortuneteller too

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

So from the minute Sashi   Became GM he knew his quarterback was going to come three years down the road when he had the number one overall pick? 

Not only is Sashi Harvard educated he’s a goddamn fortuneteller too

Don't waste your time Buno.  We have gone round and round about this...  Just nod and say Sashi is the best ever....even tho we know he was a failure.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb537f86162566b6b

Archived