Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

1 hour ago, August4th said:

The invisible man is getting early online praise. I'm getting hyped for that one. Leigh Whannell might be the next big thing for "genre" directors. I loved upgrade and he's in line to direct the Escape from New York remake.

What sucks is everything else from Universal with the whole monsters thing sounds like it’s going to suck.  

On 2/19/2020 at 8:00 PM, August4th said:

The invisible man is getting early online praise. I'm getting hyped for that one. Leigh Whannell might be the next big thing for "genre" directors. I loved upgrade and he's in line to direct the Escape from New York remake.

It's now sitting at an 88% on RT with an average rating of 7.5 with 26 reviews counted so far.

I'm glad it's getting great reviews because I love me some good horror movies. Blumhouse could certainly use it after releasing 2 straight duds in Black Christmas and Fantasy Island.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

He’s had such a remarkable run.  Just go and enjoy life now and meet occasionally with the board.  Executive chairman is about the best gig you can get.

these are my thoughts. It's a gift job for a guy who did so so so so much for the company and likely wants life to tip the scales more on that work/life balance. 

• Like 1