Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

It has? The guys who did Chernobyl are attached and that won an Emmy. The Watchmen received widespread acclaim. Not to mention Barry that continues to win awards. 

They’ve had a ton of whiffs. Watchmen is one. 

7 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

waiting for the .... "who?"

but I guess the fact nobody else posted the news previously is proof enough 

Not one of my favorite actors but he is sprinkled throughout a ton of good movies I have enjoyed throughout his career. 163 acting credits is pretty amazing.  He was great in the Exorcist.  Victory, Never Say Never Again, Ghostbusters 2 as Vigo, Awakenings, What Dreams May Come, Minority Report.  The guy had a career that spanned from 1949 through 2019.  70 years.  Damn.  I know there are some classics in there I need to get to some day, though I don't know when.  The Seventh Seal, Three Days of the Condor, Dune, Hannah and Her Sisters, etc... What a career.  What a life.  Rest in peace.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:14 PM, THE DUKE said:

Not one of my favorite actors but he is sprinkled throughout a ton of good movies I have enjoyed throughout his career. 163 acting credits is pretty amazing.  He was great in the Exorcist.  Victory, Never Say Never Again, Ghostbusters 2 as Vigo, Awakenings, What Dreams May Come, Minority Report.  The guy had a career that spanned from 1949 through 2019.  70 years.  Damn.  I know there are some classics in there I need to get to some day, though I don't know when.  The Seventh Seal, Three Days of the Condor, Dune, Hannah and Her Sisters, etc... What a career.  What a life.  Rest in peace.

He wasn’t in the movie but he was the voice of Vigo in the video game.  

I’m watching The Force Awakens right now and he was in that too. Quite the career that covered so much ground. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Fast 9 delayed a year.

So, that was coming out in May, right?  So they were in post-production already?  I wonder why they delayed a whole year.  Just because they didn't want to risk a bad box office because no one can go to the theater?  Why not 6 months?

1 minute ago, theJ said:

So, that was coming out in May, right?  So they were in post-production already?  I wonder why they delayed a whole year.  Just because they didn't want to risk a bad box office because no one can go to the theater?  Why not 6 months?

Reshoots could be an issue, IIRC they shot in a lot of overseas locations. But yeah Box office is a huge reason. Statements for pushed flicks have said things like "We want everyone worldwide to be able to see this movie," but the reality is they want the theatrical run to have all possible markets, including China. 

15 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

He wasn’t in the movie but he was the voice of Vigo in the video game.  

I’m watching The Force Awakens right now and he was in that too. Quite the career that covered so much ground. 

Ah, that's what I get for not looking closer at IMDB, I didn't think that looked like him, but I figured he was younger then.