Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

Ooo looky, someone didn’t like that they discussed racism.

Its not that they discuss racism, is that they melted the story down and recast it as nothing but a discussion of racism. It became forced and lacked any tact and nuance what-so-ever. 

The Wire is literally all about race and poverty but its also masterfully done, its a discussion about race while Watchmen is a  ham fisted lecture. 

• Like 2

There's a bunch about the 45th anniversary of Jaws and it's like... WTF, why?

You should be allowed 4 anniversary celebrations for movies:

10 year
25 year
50 year
100 year

Like seriously STFU about it already.  You just had a 40th anniversary thing for it five years ago.

All this is is an attempt to sell more blu rays.  Stop. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I didn't know this was still a thing to be honest. I haven't bought a movie in YEARS. At least 5.

Just wait until the next pandemic is WiFi and you’re stuck watching that single disc of The Wire you forgot to bring back to Blockbuster before it went under and you don’t have a massive library of hard copies to watch.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Just wait until the next pandemic is WiFi and you’re stuck watching that single disc of The Wire you forgot to bring back to Blockbuster before it went under and you don’t have a massive library of hard copies to watch.

Oh I still have my DVD/Blu Ray collection. I'm just not watching anything released after 2015. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Oh I still have my DVD/Blu Ray collection. I'm just not watching anything released after 2015. 

That's stupid though.  Now is literally the best time to buy hard copies.  You get the physical copy AND the digital code when you buy them new.  You never have to worry about them leaving your streaming service and anytime you're in the mood to watch it you can watch it.

I swear by physical copies.  There is absolutely collusion going on with streaming services, too.  You'll get Ocean's 11 on Netflix, Ocean's 12 on Hulu and so on.  If it's not collusion between streaming services, it's the rights owners splitting between two separate streamers so they can get rentals. 

Wait about 2 months after an initial release and the blu ray/digital is 10-15 dollars. 

Plus, if you've got a bitchin theater room like I do, having that huge display of blu rays looks great. 

I've gone through all of my ratings on IMDB and I've got a massive list of blu rays that I don't have yet on my wish list and every time I order something off Amazon I'll add 20-50 dollars worth of blu rays.  I'm probably up to a collection of 600 blu rays right now.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

That's stupid though.  Now is literally the best time to buy hard copies.  You get the physical copy AND the digital code when you buy them new.  You never have to worry about them leaving your streaming service and anytime you're in the mood to watch it you can watch it.

I wasn't clear. I don't buy movies anymore, PERIOD. If I REALLY want to watch something, I'd probably just rent it again. But I haven't done that yet. I've probably only rented movies a dozen times or so in the last couple years, otherwise I wait for HBO/streaming. 

I think it's because I don't just rewatch movies anymore like I used to.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I want a new proper Predator Franchise with back story's on their home planet!

Honestly, I rewatched Predators recently (the Adrian Brody one), and I didn't think it was that bad. The new Predator was so awful though. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Honestly, I rewatched Predators recently (the Adrian Brody one), and I didn't think it was that bad. The new Predator was so awful though. 

Predators is to the Predator franchise what Riddick was to the Pitch Black franchise.

Wildly enjoyable that didn’t hold up to the original, but a step in the right direction.

The Predator was LITERALLY my most hated sequel, remake, prequel or reboot of any movie ever.  I have never been more angry at a movie.  EVER.  I felt more cheated than when Shyamalan promised monsters and gave me rich pacifists.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I swear by physical copies.  There is absolutely collusion going on with streaming services, too.  You'll get Ocean's 11 on Netflix, Ocean's 12 on Hulu and so on.  If it's not collusion between streaming services, it's the rights owners splitting between two separate streamers so they can get rentals. 

Wait about 2 months after an initial release and the blu ray/digital is 10-15 dollars. 

Plus, if you've got a bitchin theater room like I do, having that huge display of blu rays looks great. 

I've gone through all of my ratings on IMDB and I've got a massive list of blu rays that I don't have yet on my wish list and every time I order something off Amazon I'll add 20-50 dollars worth of blu rays.  I'm probably up to a collection of 600 blu rays right now.

Hey, don't look at me, I still buy physical in the year 2020, even with the COVID19. 

1 minute ago, KManX89 said:

Hey, don't look at me, I still buy physical in the year 2020, even with the COVID19. 

I know.  I remember you complaining about not getting Shin Godzilla because God forbid we don’t get our movies in the middle of a global pandemic.  Lol