Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I know.  I remember you complaining about not getting Shin Godzilla because God forbid we don’t get our movies in the middle of a global pandemic.  Lol

Delays is one thing, but to get a "your order has shipped" and "we can't deliver" e-mail in the same day? And it was pulled from Prime the day after it was posted, unreal.

Even with the current pandemic, I've never seen any Prime deal get pulled that fast. I've seen estimated deliveries get pushed back for Prime items (understandable), never seen that before.

But it's okay because I reordered it without Prime (charged shipping) and got a shipped notification yesterday.

I've been almost exclusively watching my movies through Blu-Rays and very little streaming since the pandemic.

Edited by KManX89

I’m definitely very excited for a Hellraiser series.  Big budget, quality television horror?  Exceedingly rare.  I hated Hellraiser.  Hated it.  It creeped me out in the wrong way, but outside of Last Shift, The Conjuring and Hereditary, I haven’t been scared by anything.  And that’s not for want of trying.  

“The results for Trolls World Tour have exceeded our expectations and demonstrated the viability of PVOD,” NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell told the Wall Street Journal. “As soon as theaters reopen, we expect to release movies on both formats.”

So what does AMC do?  They ban Universal Films from their theaters. 

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1133115-amc-vows-to-ban-universal-films-from-their-theaters-following-trolls-success

Good.  Let the theaters kill themselves by doing this stupid *** ****. 

I really can't believe any company would have the gall to do something like this. 

Please God let some good come from this virus... Kill the movie theater's vice grip on studios. 

No more time constraints in films.
No more waiting months to watch a movie you want to see legally.
No more having to go to major movies to avoid having the ending spoiled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

So what does AMC do?  They ban Universal Films from their theaters. 

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1133115-amc-vows-to-ban-universal-films-from-their-theaters-following-trolls-success

Good.  Let the theaters kill themselves by doing this stupid *** ****. 

I really can't believe any company would have the gall to do something like this. 

Please God let some good come from this virus... Kill the movie theater's vice grip on studios. 

No more time constraints in films.
No more waiting months to watch a movie you want to see legally.
No more having to go to major movies to avoid having the ending spoiled.

Theaters must have a very high opinion of their influence. Despite what they may think, people don't typically go to the theater because of the specific theater it is shown in, they go to the theater to see a specific movie they want to see. This is terrible for consumers in areas where AMC is the only option, but AMC will lose more money than the studios if they actually follow through.

• Like 2