Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

I don't go to AMC or Regal anyway.  Unless they get everybody, all it's going to do is drive business to their competitors.  Ridiculous power play by the theaters anyway, maybe focus on making the customer experience something they can't get at home and less on flexing against one of their primary suppliers of content.

Isn't AMC on the brink of going out of business anyway? Could have sworn I heard they were really struggling.

I personally love the idea of releasing in theatres and video services at the same time, I have major anxiety issues and tend to avoid large crowds so I haven't been to the movies since I went to see Deadpool.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Isn't AMC on the brink of going out of business anyway? Could have sworn I heard they were really struggling.

I personally love the idea of releasing in theatres and video services at the same time, I have major anxiety issues and tend to avoid large crowds so I haven't been to the movies since I went to see Deadpool.

I don’t have anxiety, I have a healthy dislike  for snot nosed brat kids who can’t keep their mouths shut and parents that bring them to R rated movies and people who talk during a movie or people who crinkle wrappers or laugh obnoxiously or ooo or ahhh or who sniffle or cough or scream at horror movies or who sit in my buffer zone or who are too tall sitting in front of me or who move or who breathe too loudly.  Or breathe at all.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't go to AMC or Regal anyway.  Unless they get everybody, all it's going to do is drive business to their competitors.  Ridiculous power play by the theaters anyway, maybe focus on making the customer experience something they can't get at home and less on flexing against one of their primary suppliers of content.

Well not everyone has other theaters in their areas and maybe others like me like going to AMC and Regal. Just because you don't go doesn't make those theaters bad customer experience. How do you know since you don't go to those theaters? I've had very good experiences at both and will continue to go to both. I also don't blame them for flexing. It's a partnership between studios and theater chains to keep good faith. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bootsy said:

Well not everyone has other theaters in their areas and maybe others like me like going to AMC and Regal. Just because you don't go doesn't make those theaters bad customer experience. How do you know since you don't go to those theaters? I've had very good experiences at both and will continue to go to both. I also don't blame them for flexing. It's a partnership between studios and theater chains to keep good faith. 

Agreed 100%. If AMC goes falls, my movie going experience is going to take a huge hit. 

• Like 1

It's hard to blame Disney when these live action remakes of animated classics keep making money.  All you have to do is not go.  I don't think I've seen one of them yet.  Only one I might check out that is out already is the Dumbo one, and I still haven't seen it.

18 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It's hard to blame Disney when these live action remakes of animated classics keep making money.  All you have to do is not go.  I don't think I've seen one of them yet.  Only one I might check out that is out already is the Dumbo one, and I still haven't seen it.

I liked Aladdin. Lion King was fine, people loved it. I don't think I've seen any of the others. I am genuinely intrigued by Mulan.