Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

I only have a few Blu Rays/4Ks I have a ton of DVDs and I hate that the cases are different sizes and I can't stack them together.  However I will buy this because he shoots for IMAX to begin with.  But I totally agree with you.

Don't do it.  That's how they get you.  If everybody abandons the 4k, they'll just increase the price of blu rays a little bit and have 4k resolution on blu rays.  Trust me. 

Petition going around to remove Matt Damon's cameo from Ocean's 8.  Because of his comments.  Comments.  Comments. 

I can't stand Matt Damon, I don't like him at all, I think he's one of the most overrated actors out there and I think he's generally not a great person.  This is still stupid.  I don't care if he said he believes the Earth is flat and dinosaurs are a conspiracy theory, you don't do this kind of crap because of comments. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

20 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Petition going around to remove Matt Damon's cameo from Ocean's 8.  Because of his comments.  Comments.  Comments. 

I can't stand Matt Damon, I don't like him at all, I think he's one of the most overrated actors out there and I think he's generally not a great person.  This is still stupid.  I don't care if he said he believes the Earth is flat and dinosaurs are a conspiracy theory, you don't do this kind of crap because of comments. 

He rationally and calmly went against the status quo.....he must die!

On 12/23/2017 at 8:48 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Aw man...he's a nut job? Damn...

On 12/23/2017 at 8:48 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Haha...so many things I want to say about this, but cant (not regarding your opinion of him, but the ongoing laughable hypersensitivity of the thin skinned idiots this country is now infested with.) 

You pretty much cant say anything, especially anything that goes against "mainstream" opinion, without offending someone...usually from the same group.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Haha...so many things I want to say about this, but cant (not regarding your opinion of him, but the ongoing laughable hypersensitivity of the thin skinned idiots this country is now infested with.) 

You pretty much cant say anything, especially anything that goes against "mainstream" opinion, without offending someone...usually from the same group.

I know one person's opinion doesnt mean much, and I would have never seen this movie in the theaters, but if his cameo is taken out, I can assure you that I will make sure I never see this movie, and I dont even like Matt Damon.

Edited by devils1854
  • Like 2

http://www.screengeek.net/2017/12/24/disney-expects-solo-a-star-wars-story-to-bomb/

A source close to the film’s production has informed us:

Disney is bracing themselves for the Han Solo movie to bomb. They were worried about it before all The Last Jedi controversy, but now they’re essentially writing Solo off. The lead actor, Alden Ehrenreich, can’t act, and they had a dialogue coach on hand for all of his scenes. On top of that, the script is unworkable. It’s going to be a car crash.

5 hours ago, devils1854 said:

A part of me hopes this is true. 

This kid played a young Harrison Ford in a movie already.  If the guy they picked can't even get the accent right when this kid got the accent, delivery, nuances and body language absolutely 100% spot on while even looking almost exactly like Harrison Ford when he was young... Disney deserves a bomb. 

• Like 1

Th original budget was what? Around 200 million. Massiv reshoots probably cost another 100 mil or so, and that's even before other costs. It's probably going to be a Batman v Superman thing where I makes 800 million world wide but it's thought of as disappointing because of the insane cost.

i personally don't think it will be good. Howard is a bad director and that kid playing Han was awful in the only movie I've seen him in.

19 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Th original budget was what? Around 200 million. Massiv reshoots probably cost another 100 mil or so, and that's even before other costs. It's probably going to be a Batman v Superman thing where I makes 800 million world wide but it's thought of as disappointing because of the insane cost.

i personally don't think it will be good. Howard is a bad director and that kid playing Han was awful in the only movie I've seen him in.

? He has some good movies.

Edited by O'Doyle Rules

15 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

11 movies this century

A Beautiful Mind and Rush.......ill give it to you. Damn good movies

Cindarella Man and Frost/Nixon.......ok movies. Forgettable though.

Dan Brown, Tom Hanks trilogy......awful movies. All three.

The Dilemma....can't believ he directed this trash

In the Heart of the Sea......Actually thought this was going to be good. Wrong.

The Missing....most hav probably never heard of it because it's bad.

The Grinch......Neve actually seen it

58 minutes ago, August4th said:

don't know how Ehrenreich got the solo role over Ingruber, reynor and ansel Elgort ... all those guys are decent actors who actually resemble a young ford

Because he's Spielberg's boy. Look how he was "discovered." Spielberg met him at one of his family members bar mitzvah. 

• 3 weeks later...

New Mutants got pushed back almost a full year.  I'm so, so, so happy that all of X-Men got sold to Disney.  They were thinking "more" much more than they were thinking "good."  They were thinking "different" more than they were thinking "good."  I just have a feeling that if they didn't sell to Disney, it wouldn't have been five years before we saw Wolverine: The Musical.

People can complain all  they want about Disney having a monopoly, but Disney is pretty much the only one that knows how to make enjoyable movies anymore.  On that scale of budget of course.