Who Has The Better Offense? Rams or Chiefs

stl4life07

13 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

No they're not close to those TE. But calling our backup backs scrubs is further from the truth than claiming our TE are close to Kelce and Harris. Brown is good and has looked very good in his carries this year. The other two in Davis and Kelly are young and unproven but definitely not scrubs.

I mean, I guess his 18 carries and 2 catches consistute “good”? I missed you’s guys’ game vs Arizona but saw the others. Brown looked like a JAG and hasn’t really done much in his career otherwise. Is he even a #2 RB on most teams?

And do the other two even have career carries yet? I guess calling guys scrubs who haven’t seen the field yet is a bit premature (though somehow less hyperbolic than saying the would-be OROY is sitting right there...).

The Rams don’t have a good running back situation without their starter. I’d argue there are probably ~20 other teams that are in better condition without their starters. 

37 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, I guess his 18 carries and 2 catches consistute “good”? I missed you’s guys’ game vs Arizona but saw the others. Brown looked like a JAG and hasn’t really done much in his career otherwise. Is he even a #2 RB on most teams?

And do the other two even have career carries yet? I guess calling guys scrubs who haven’t seen the field yet is a bit premature (though somehow less hyperbolic than saying the would-be OROY is sitting right there...).

The Rams don’t have a good running back situation without their starter. I’d argue there are probably ~20 other teams that are in better condition without their starters. 

I mean he's done more this year than all of Hunts backups so if that makes him a scrub so be it. Maybe watch the guy play though before throwing out that label? Up to you I guess. Label him a scrub all you want just funny for somebody who hasn't watched him at all this year. I'm not saying he's a world beater but scrub? That's not a label I'd give him. 

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

I mean he's done more this year than all of Hunts backups so if that makes him a scrub so be it. Maybe watch the guy play though before throwing out that label? Up to you I guess. Label him a scrub all you want just funny for somebody who hasn't watched him at all this year. I'm not saying he's a world beater but scrub? That's not a label I'd give him. 

Did you read my post? I watched 3/4 of their games this year and a handful last year. Brown might be more than a JAG, but he hasn’t really shown it - not more than most NFL backups, at least.

And the difference is that Spencer Ware and Damien Williams are proven to be serviceable. Even DAT can be useful, but I’m not lauding the guy. Ware/Williams/DAT not getting looks matters less in my view of them because I’ve seen them be solid NFL backs (or even decent starters in Ware’s case) when I’ve never seen that from anyone on the Rams sans Gurley.

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Next Higbee and Everett actually aren’t that far off from Kelce and Harris?

Why did you go there lol.

As much as I do love my LSU Tiger guy Ware, I think what Kelly could bring to the table as Gurley backup could be special. Sucks though he is stuck behind the best back in football. Like I remember people was gushing over Barkley 37yd run in the preseason. I was like did anyone see Kelly 40yd run that same night? Like it was very good too. Again Kelly most think was one of the gems in the draft and he was impressive in the preseason so I see why so many people were saying the Rams got a steal in the draft. 

22 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Again Kelly most think was one of the gems in the draft and he was impressive in the preseason so I see why so many people were saying the Rams got a steal in the draft. 

You're quite literally the only person I've heard talking about him, and I like to think of myself as a rather informed football fan.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

You're quite literally the only person I've heard talking about him, and I like to think of myself as a rather informed football fan.

That’s shocking. I’ve heard tons of people talk about Kelly. Like they were literally upset he went to the Rams. They said had he went to a running back needy team he could do big things. Like I didn’t know much about him but people kept telling me how good he was and that they was surprised he fell in the draft. When I saw him in the preseason though I was understanding why so many people liked him coming out of Tennessee. 

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Why did you go there lol.

As much as I do love my LSU Tiger guy Ware, I think what Kelly could bring to the table as Gurley backup could be special. Sucks though he is stuck behind the best back in football. Like I remember people was gushing over Barkley 37yd run in the preseason. I was like did anyone see Kelly 40yd run that same night? Like it was very good too. Again Kelly most think was one of the gems in the draft and he was impressive in the preseason so I see why so many people were saying the Rams got a steal in the draft. 

Part of me wasn’t sure what your answer would be. ;)

But let’s agree on this at least - as talented as you might think some of the players are, they haven’t shown much. Not by their fault necessarily, they’re sitting behind the maybe the best RB in the league. But we haven’t seen them produce the way we’ve seen someone like Ware or even Williams produce. 

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

That’s shocking. I’ve heard tons of people talk about Kelly. Like they were literally upset he went to the Rams. They said had he went to a running back needy team he could do big things. Like I didn’t know much about him but people kept telling me how good he was and that they was surprised he fell in the draft. When I saw him in the preseason though I was understanding why so many people liked him coming out of Tennessee. 

I mean - I know the basics: Played at Tennessee, backed up Kamara and Jalen Hurd, promoted to starter after Kamara went to the NFL and Hurd quit/transferred/moved to WR. 

As far as his draft profile, he was very uninspiring - good size/strength ratio but lacked explosion and quickness, could contribute in the passing game but not exactly a guy with elite traits - a guy who topped out as a member of a RB rotation, or a ST contributor at best. 

Again, this is literally the first time I've heard him referenced as a "steal". He's a good value pick, you can do worse than him in the 6th, but that's about it.

I think this may comes down to people's thoughts on Mahomes sustaining what he's doing or not. I think the supporting cast overall winds up being a wash. I like our depth at the skill positions a good bit better, but the Rams might have the better top 4 guys. So Gurley, Kupp, Cooks, and Woods is a little better than Hunt, Kelce, Hill, and Watkins, but I like what we have past that better with Sherman at FB, Ware at RB2, Harris at TE2, Conley as our 4th receiver effectively, DAT as a secondary gadget guy, etc. And I think that difference shows in production, too. We have like 9 guys with rushing/receiving TDs, the Rams have 5. 12 guys with a catch to 7. We get more from our depth. I'd be intrigued to see how the Rams would react to losing one of those 4 key pieces. Their OL has done better in run blocking, I think, though in pass pro they're very close. Overall, adds up to the supporting cast being pretty close. So it then comes down to who you trust to maintain pace more out of Goff or Mahomes, I think. And I can understand those going with Goff, since he's more seasoned.

In the end, you really can't go wrong here. Both are crazy good. Time will tell more. And they have a lot of common matchups between them, so there will be plenty of room for comparison as the season progresses.

On 05/10/2018 at 4:28 PM, Jakuvious said:

I think this may comes down to people's thoughts on Mahomes sustaining what he's doing or not. I think the supporting cast overall winds up being a wash. I like our depth at the skill positions a good bit better, but the Rams might have the better top 4 guys. So Gurley, Kupp, Cooks, and Woods is a little better than Hunt, Kelce, Hill, and Watkins, but I like what we have past that better with Sherman at FB, Ware at RB2, Harris at TE2, Conley as our 4th receiver effectively, DAT as a secondary gadget guy, etc. And I think that difference shows in production, too. We have like 9 guys with rushing/receiving TDs, the Rams have 5. 12 guys with a catch to 7. We get more from our depth. I'd be intrigued to see how the Rams would react to losing one of those 4 key pieces. Their OL has done better in run blocking, I think, though in pass pro they're very close. Overall, adds up to the supporting cast being pretty close. So it then comes down to who you trust to maintain pace more out of Goff or Mahomes, I think. And I can understand those going with Goff, since he's more seasoned.

In the end, you really can't go wrong here. Both are crazy good. Time will tell more. And they have a lot of common matchups between them, so there will be plenty of room for comparison as the season progresses.

Gurley for sure is a step above Hunt.

As for the rest, Hill is better than Cooks, Kelce is better than Kupp and Watkins is obviously better than Woods. 

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that the Rams top 4 is slightly better than the Chiefs, if anything it is the opposite.

I believe McVay might be a better offensive mind/playcaller than Reid.

The Rams Oline is also probably better than the Chiefs'.

But people are sleeping on Mahomes. He is clearly already a better QB than Goff. And Goff is overrated at this point in my opinion but obviously has McVay.

Let's see if I am proven wrong.

20 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Gurley for sure is a step above Hunt.

As for the rest, Hill is better than Cooks, Kelce is better than Kupp and Watkins is obviously better than Woods. 

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that the Rams top 4 is slightly better than the Chiefs, if anything it is the opposite.

I believe McVay might be a better offensive mind/playcaller than Reid.

The Rams Oline is also probably better than the Chiefs'.

But people are sleeping on Mahomes. He is clearly already a better QB than Goff. And Goff is overrated at this point in my opinion but obviously has McVay.

Let's see if I am proven wrong.

What? Cooks is just as good as Hill. If we're talking purely as receivers, Kupp and Kelce are about equals. Woods is better than Watkins. Woods was the better WR last year and is still the better WR this year. And lol at claiming that Mahomes is a clearly better QB than Goff. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

What? Cooks is just as good as Hill. If we're talking purely as receivers, Kupp and Kelce are about equals. Woods is better than Watkins. Woods was the better WR last year and is still the better WR this year. And lol at claiming that Mahomes is a clearly better QB than Goff. 

Not saying there is a big difference but I think Hill is considered by really most people to be a better WR than Cooks. Kelce is a top 2 TE and coming off two 1k season season. Kupp is just in his second season and didnt even have 900 yards last year. Not exactly sure how one can say they are equal receivers or what it means but anyways Kelce is clearly the better player and by a good margin. And then how are you going to say a player who has never broken even a mere 800 yards in his 5 seasons is better than Watkins. Watkins needs to stay healthy but is there even a single GM who would take Woods over Watkins? No.

46 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Not saying there is a big difference but I think Hill is considered by really most people to be a better WR than Cooks.

Cooks has significantly better numbers. You just claimed that Mahomes is clearly better than Goff. How is that possible with an inferior QB? And it's not just better volume numbers, he's been more efficient too.

Kelce is a top 2 TE and coming off two 1k season season. Kupp is just in his second season and didnt even have 900 yards last year. Not exactly sure how one can say they are equal receivers or what it means but anyways Kelce is clearly the better player and by a good margin.

Travis Kelce: 23 receptions on 38 targets, 307 receiving yards, and 3 receiving TDs

Cooper Kupp: 24 receptions on 32 targets, 348 receiving yards, and 4 receiving TDs

Clearly the better receiver by a good margin, eh?

And then how are you going to say a player who has never broken even a mere 800 yards in his 5 seasons is better than Watkins. Watkins needs to stay healthy but is there even a single GM who would take Woods over Watkins? No.

Maybe you don't realize it, but Sammy Watkins played on the Rams last year. Robert Woods outperformed him by a lot last season. And what is Robert Woods doing this season when compared to Sammy? Let's see:

Sammy Watkins: 14 receptions on 21 targets, 176 receiving yards, and 1 receiving TD

Robert Woods: 24 receptions on 34 targets, 323 receiving yards, and 3 receiving TDs

How do you explain the Rams WRs all having better numbers? Didn't you just claim they played with a worse QB? How do they all have better numbers both in terms of volume and efficiency? Yet, somehow, they're all worse. C'mon.

Archived