Who Has The Better Offense? Rams or Chiefs

stl4life07

Gurley, Cooks, Kupp, Woods > Hunt, Hill, Kelce, Watkins.

Give me the Rams OL. Both are pretty good, but Rams have one of the best pairs of tackles around. Rams unit might actually be the best in the NFL right now, Chiefs has been good (top 10?), but I feel Mahomes dealt with a ton of pressure against Denver, he was houdini much of that game. 

I was taking the Rams before week 4, since then the Rams effortlessly dismantled the Vikings while the Chiefs looked mortal against the Broncos, so now it's not particularly close. I could definitely have a change in opinion if the Chiefs come out and pour points on a defense I very much consider the NFL's best while the Rams struggle on the road in Seattle. 

On 10/1/2018 at 11:16 PM, DigInBoys said:

Maybe I’m being a homer but Kupp looks to be well on his way to being elite.

Image result for he's not wrong you know gif

It really sucks that throughout his rookie deal he will be stuck with both Cooks and Woods, who not only steal his targets, but more importantly will make people think of him as just a guy benefiting from the attention those guys draw. Hell he may never get respect if he spends a bulk of his career with Goff and McVay, which is probably in everyone's best interest since him and Goff are close off the field and have great chemistry. Underrated as a prospect because he came out of the FCS with no eye popping measurables despite never before seen production, underrated now because he is viewed as the 3rd cog in an elite offense despite great production through his first 20 games. He'll be the league's most productive slot WR by 2020 no doubt, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's still just called a product of McVay.

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It really sucks that throughout his rookie deal he will be stuck with both Cooks and Woods, who not only steal his targets, but more importantly will make people think of him as just a guy benefiting from the attention those guys draw. Hell he may never get respect if he spends a bulk of his career with Goff and McVay, which is probably in everyone's best interest since him and Goff are close off the field and have great chemistry. Underrated as a prospect because he came out of the FCS with no eye popping measurables despite never before seen production, underrated now because he is viewed as the 3rd cog in an elite offense despite great production through his first 20 games. He'll be the league's most productive slot WR by 2020 no doubt, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's still just called a product of McVay.

I think he'll get the respect he deserves. Attitudes towards WRs who play a high percentage of their snaps have shifted over the past decade. I tried to tell people when he was a prospect how good he was. But some people get too caught up in 40 times. I actually got into some very spirited debates with a Rams poster on Kupp. This Rams poster was very big on the guy behind Reception Perception, who was not high on Kupp. I tried to tell him that the guy was making some huge errors on Kupp and underestimating how well the pro game fit Kupp's skill-set. Anyways, I'm glad I ended up being right, since the Rams drafted him.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:52 PM, kingseanjohn said:

The Chiefs are currently better than the best Rams offense ever, so Chiefs.

2000 Rams averaged 33.8 points per game. Chiefs are currently at 39.3 ppg. They're about to play Denver, Jacksonville, and New England. So we'll see if they can keep it up.

Yea because the game hasn't change 1 bit in the last 18 years...

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Hill > Cooks

Watkins >Woods

Conley < Kupp

ChiefsOL < Rams OL

Kelce >>>Higbee

Hunt<<Gurley

Mahomes>Goff

Reid = McVay

That's exactly how I have it. But it seems like the Rams fans think their receivers are the greatest thing on earth.

44 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

That's exactly how I have it. But it seems like the Rams fans think their receivers are the greatest thing on earth.

The Rams receivers are great. The Rams receivers have only 1 drop on the season. Cooks, Kupp, and Woods are all on pace for 80+ catches and 1200+yds receiving. The Rams scored 33pts today despite Cooks being a non factor then missing the 2nd half and Kupp missing the 2nd half. Heck even Reynolds filled in nicely in the 2nd half when the Rams didnt have Cooks and Kupp. So its not a stretch to say the Rams receivers are great. 

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Hill > Cooks

Watkins >Woods

Conley < Kupp

ChiefsOL < Rams OL

Kelce >>>Higbee

Hunt<<Gurley

Mahomes>Goff

Reid = McVay

24 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Theyre homers i dont blame them.

And we're the homers. Boy oh boy. Woods outperformed Watkins last year while both played in the same system with the same QB. Woods is vastly outperforming Watkins again this year. Yet, Watkins is somehow "better." Cooks is every bit as good as Hill. Kupp is significantly better than Conley (Conley doesn't even belong in the same sentence). And I'm not sure how Mahomes is better than Goff. I'm also not sure how Reid is as good as McVay. If you want to claim that Reid is as good as McVay because McVay doesn't have a long enough track record, you just slaughtered your own Mahomes argument.

Here's the way I see it:

Hill = Cooks

Watkins < Woods

Conley <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Kupp

Kelce >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Higbee

Chiefs OL < Rams OL

Hunt < Gurley

Mahomes = Goff

Reid < McVay

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Hill > Cooks

Watkins >Woods

Conley < Kupp

ChiefsOL < Rams OL

Kelce >>>Higbee

Hunt<<Gurley

Mahomes>Goff

Reid = McVay

As much as I love Mahomes, I am not ready to say he is better than Goff. He only has 6 starts under his belt. At least give him a full season before deciding if he is better or not. Just like people was labeling Goff a bust after only 7 starts in his rookie season, I think that was unfair too. I know thats how this generation works. A guy looks bad for 4 games, he is a bust. A guy looks great for 4 games, he is elite. Like can we see more? Right now Ill take Goff. Why? Because we have seen Goff at his worst and we saw him have the mental makeup to keep pushing forward, grow, get better and now is playing consistently at a top tier level. Not saying Mahomes cant do the same but he hasnt faced adversity yet. Teams havent had offseason to figure him out. Just like people said last year that Goff and the Rams caught everyone by surprise and they had an entire offseason to adjust. Well Goff is looking even better this year than last season. Like lets see Mahomes in a situation where he faces adversity. Lets see him have a full season under his belt where teams have a full offseason to try to figure him out. People tried to crown Dak his 1st season but we see how he has done in both his 2nd season and now 3rd season. Again I love Mahomes, I think he has all the tools to be a superstar but after just 6 starts under his belt I am not ready to say he is better than Goff. Goff has 28 starts under his belt and he has gotten better and better.

• 1 month later...

We can now revist this after the epic game we saw on Monday night.

I was impressed the Rams was till able to do what they did despite Gurley tweaking his ankle early in the game and being only a decoy the rest of the way and the fact that the Rams had no Kupp. People realized that the Rams have more weapons than just Gurley, Woods, Cooks, and Kupp. Reynolds, Everett, and Higbee all stepped up in the big way. Now people know the Rams are so deep on offense that they can just plug and play guys without even changing the way they play.

Kelce had 10 catches 107yds and 1 td. Higbee and Everett combined had 9 catches 112yds and 2 tds. Not to mention on the biggest drive of the game for the Rams Higbee made a big catch and Everett finished the drive off with the go ahead and eventual game-winning td. 

On the flip side, the Chiefs had the ball twice at the end and all they needed was a field go to tie and couldnt get the job done on offense. Hill was a freak on nature and we all know that but the Rams showed once again they can beat you in so many ways. Reynolds nearly had 2 td catches. His toe was barely on the white line which took away a td from him. 

Then we look at the QBs, Mahomes is great but he just cant turn the ball over 5 times on the road in a big game. He has to handle big moments like at the end of the game better. They had the ball under 2 minutes with all 3 timeouts and only down by 3pts. Hopefully he can learn from this and handle these types of situations better. We know football is all about those handful of plays to decide who win or lose. Lets also remember that they had the ball after halftime and the first possession the Chiefs had the ball inside Rams territory and Mahomes fumbled. So right after they marched down the field before halftime to tie the game, they had the ball after halftime and couldve taken the lead and possibly control of the game but fumbled the drive away. So thats three critical possessions.

On the flip side, Goff took their first possession of the 2nd half and scored a td. As I mentioned before, when the Rams trailed late in the game, Goff took his team down the field and scored the go ahead and eventual game-winning td. So I came away from this game saying both offenses are great but the Rams showed that they are the better offense. I dont know by how much but they are the better offense mainly because they can beat you in so many ways and they have a QB who is showing he can deliver in critical moments of the game which are those handful of plays that decide whether a team win or loss the game. 

Archived