What teams would you like to be put in and taken out of prime time?

patriotsheatyan

On 10/1/2018 at 12:24 AM, Jakuvious said:

For reference, 10 teams have the maximum of 5 primetime games. The 49ers, Chiefs, Rams, Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Eagles, Steelers, and Seahawks.

The Raiders, Vikings, Giants, and Texans have 4.

The Lions and Falcons have 3.

The Bears, Jaguars, Panthers, Redskins, Jets, Titans, and Ravens have 2.

The Chargers, Cardinals, Browns, Bengals, Colts, Dolphins, Bucs, and Bills have 1.

Using this info:

Less of: 9ers, cowboys, Steelers, Seahawks, raiders, Giants

More of: chargers, browns, jags

23 hours ago, theJ said:

How under the radar are the Bengals?

They are 4-1, have beat some good teams, and only had one "primetime" game (Thursday night against the Ravens).  They barely even have any 4 PM games.

And no one has once mentioned them in this thread yet.

They should get a few flexed games going forward.  The Chiefs game should probably be flexed in two weeks, especially if they beat the Steelers this week.  6-0 Chiefs vs. 5-1 Bengals?  Yes.

Chargers, Ravens and Panthers should also have some flexed games as well.  They're all playing well and have relatively few primetime games.

Two of the teams the Bengals beat are bad (Colts and Falcons).

What you think of the Bengals correlates with what you think of the Ravens and Dolphins.

But the Bengals/Chiefs was flexed in. Rams/Niners kicked out - makes sense because the Niners are a mess. But ironically, I looked at the schedule and to get the Rams back up to that 5th primetime game, the NFL will have to kick out one of their darling underachievers. Should be interesting to see if it happens.

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Two of the teams the Bengals beat are bad (Colts and Falcons).

What you think of the Bengals correlates with what you think of the Ravens and Dolphins.

But the Bengals/Chiefs was flexed in. Rams/Niners kicked out - makes sense because the Niners are a mess. But ironically, I looked at the schedule and to get the Rams back up to that 5th primetime game, the NFL will have to kick out one of their darling underachievers. Should be interesting to see if it happens.

Agree with all of that.

It makes sense to flex the Bengals/Chiefs game.  Should be a lot of offense.  

I also think the Rams should definitely be flexed back in for a 5th game.  They're dynamic and fun to watch.  I have to assume their primetime games so far have had good ratings.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

More of: chargers, browns, jags

Moar overtime

Seriously though, from a ratings perspective it's a great idea to flex in a few Browns games.  They're probably still a 6-7 win team, but they're exciting.

I’m tired of watching the same teams play on prime time. I’ve actually stopped watching them to be honest. So it almost doesn’t matter to me.

But, give me teams with young QBs like CLE, ARI, and BUF at least once. I want to see how those guys are developing. Same with Hou, LAC, PHI, TEN, KC. Teams that won their division last year should get at least a couple. I would like to see Luck play to see how he has been since the injury. Teams that made big slash Free Agent signings or trades are interesting. For example, Bears, Minny, LAC, CLE, WAS. 

Keep it interesting. Change it up. 

19 hours ago, game3525 said:

I just looked at the SNF schedule. We are actually due for a good string of games for a while. The only real flex out options are week 13 with Seattle vs San Francisco and week 14 Pittsburgh vs Oakland.

I don't think flexing Pittsburgh and Oakland are even options TBH. In the past the NFL has elected not to kick out bad/average teams with huge fanbases and unfortunately those two teams qualify for that. I would be (pleasantly) surprised if it happened.

5 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I don't think flexing Pittsburgh and Oakland are even options TBH. In the past the NFL has elected not to kick out bad/average teams with huge fanbases and unfortunately those two teams qualify for that. I would be (pleasantly) surprised if it happened.

I could see the argument for flexing out Oakland, but yeah being tied to Pittsburgh in that matchup it's likely to stay.  The Steelers have a huge following, and even though they're league average at the moment, they score a bunch of points.  Makes for entertaining football.

25 minutes ago, theJ said:

I could see the argument for flexing out Oakland, but yeah being tied to Pittsburgh in that matchup it's likely to stay.  The Steelers have a huge following, and even though they're league average at the moment, they score a bunch of points.  Makes for entertaining football.

they did flex out steelers vs ravens in 2016

can see NBC picking LA vs Chi(two big markets) to replace steelers vs raiders

Speaking of ratings, I just read Nielsen data is compiled from only about 5,000 households. 

With streaming getting more prevalent(to be clear I'm talking about the legal kind hosted by networks, Amazon, etc) I have a feeling Nielsen's days may be numbered.

Archived