What teams would you like to be put in and taken out of prime time?

patriotsheatyan

the way the steelers have played, the may as well play on saturday's. Really though, they don't play like a good team, so they shouldn't play another prime game until they get to that level. The Browns are playing better, let them have a prime spot. 

Are you talking in general? I would just change the NFL's bias for the popular teams, and would also move up flex scheduling. As it stands now the NFL uses the approach of the better you were the year before, or the higher your preseason expectations, the more primetime games you will get, which I think is a fair system. However, it doesn't really apply to a handful of teams (Giants, Cowboys, Jaguars off the top of my head), I would get rid of that bias. When the Giants are coming off a 3-13 year, give them the customary 2 game minimum. When the Jaguars are top 5 SB contenders, give them the customary 4-5 game max.

For this season, obviously get rid of at least 3 of the 49ers remaining primetime games. Give the Browns, Bears and Jags an extra.

Less Giants and Cowboys as I think they've been boring the past couple of years.

I want to see more of the good young QBs, and i really want to see how Baker does. So I guess Texans so I can see Watson, KC, Browns, Rams

For reference, 10 teams have the maximum of 5 primetime games. The 49ers, Chiefs, Rams, Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Eagles, Steelers, and Seahawks.

The Raiders, Vikings, Giants, and Texans have 4.

The Lions and Falcons have 3.

The Bears, Jaguars, Panthers, Redskins, Jets, Titans, and Ravens have 2.

The Chargers, Cardinals, Browns, Bengals, Colts, Dolphins, Bucs, and Bills have 1.

It's mostly in line with what it should be. Major changes for me would be to give more to the Falcons, the Chargers, and the Jags. Maybe add the Panthers and Bears to that, to a lesser degree. Give less to the Cowboys, the 49ers, the Raiders, the Texans, and the Giants to compensate.

For the regular matchups, I do think the NFC East and AFC North rivalries have lost their luster, at this point. I feel like there's a Steelers/Ravens primetime matchup every year, and the matchup isn't nearly as interesting IMO as it was back in the Troy Polamalu and Ray Lewis days. And in general, really, I prefer the more unique primetime matchups than the predictable ones. The Pats play the Vikings every 4 years. Give me that as a primetime matchup instead of pretending that Pats/Colts is still a rivalry that warrants a primetime slot.

The Cowboys are always going to have a lot because they have the mandatory Thanksgiving game. They really need to cut the Giants out of it though. They haven't had back-to-back winning seasons since 2011-2012 (and still missed the playoffs in 2012). They'll likely have 2 postseason runs in the last 10 seasons (assuming they miss it again this year) but still constantly get primetime games when they don't even at least have an exciting offense or defense. The Cowboys haven't been consistent playoff contenders since the early Romo days.

As much as I love getting a chance to watch Aaron Rodgers the Packers are pretty much in the same boat with all his injuries and being a bad overall team. They are a middling playoff reaching team during their best seasons recently. No reason for them to get so many big games. The same can be said with the Seahawks now that they're on their down swing. The Panthers are a team a team that deserves more primetime games if we're being honest. They've went to the playoffs (including the Super Bowl) in 4 of their last 5 seasons and are on pace to go again.

Archived