What happen to the Packers offense?

Chargers

1 minute ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Middle of the road number two receiver, unproven player

He's definitely a #1.  Not an elite, top 5 guy, but a #1.

Yes, Jones is unproven, but he's the most talented guy we have had in a while and the difference is noticeable when he is on the field.

19 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He's definitely a #1.  Not an elite, top 5 guy, but a #1.

Yes, Jones is unproven, but he's the most talented guy we have had in a while and the difference is noticeable when he is on the field.

Because you say so and your front office has was dumb enough to sign him to elite money?

He’s never had a thousand yard season while nearly 50different receivers have during his career. He’s currently 33rd in receiving yards per game. This is all on a pass happy team with arguably the best QB ever. He’s a non factor as far as the NFL at large is concerned, and he has the numbers to back that up. He might not even be as good as Geronimo Allison, 40 year old Raiders Nelson, or Randall Cobb.

We always hear that a different running back in Green Bay is talented. Jones has 500 career yards. He’s a non entity as of now.

1 minute ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Because you say so and your front office has was dumb enough to sign him to elite money?

He’s never had a thousand yard season while nearly 50different receivers have during his career. He’s currently 33rd in receiving yards per game. This is all on a pass happy team with arguably the best QB ever. He’s a non factor as far as the NFL at large is concerned, and he has the numbers to back that up. He might not even be as good as Geronimo Allison, 40 year old Raiders Nelson, or Randall Cobb.

We always hear that a different running back in Green Bay is talented. Jones has 500 career yards. He’s a non entity as of now.

997 yards and 12 TDs in 2016.  885 and 10 TDs with no Rodgers for most of the year last year.  He is a #1 for sure.  Not going to deny that he was overpaid a bit.

The rest of your argument is silly at best.  Ask any DC is they consider him a non factor and they'd laugh at you.

You certainly haven't heard any Packer fan talk up most of our RBs over the years.

12 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

While I agree Davante isn't the man or anything, you went to the extreme side a little. Davante is a #1 receiver. He's just not elite. It's really nothing more than that. They paid him on potential, and by the end of his contract, I'm sure they'll have got their money's worth. Aaron Jones is talented, but is also unproven. As a lifelong Packers fan, the offense is noticeably better with him on the field than without. It's too bad their offense still blows regardless. 

By the way, Geronimo is one of my favorite players right now. But he's not nearly as good a player as Davante.  I'm not big on hypothetical scenarios, but I think we can all see that Adams would've cleared 1,000 yards in a season by now had he stayed healthy/had Rodgers for full seasons. At least he put up some decent numbers with Brett Hundley last year, while Nelson couldn't do anything.

8 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

You clearly haven't watched many Packers games.

And 5.5 yards per touch. He just hasn't been given the opportunities that other backs get because of Williams. Those two compliment each other well. Williams is a bruiser back and Jones is the versatile back.

The staff just needs to give Jones more carries. 

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You clearly haven't watched many Packers games.

And 5.5 yards per touch. He just hasn't been given the opportunities that other backs get because of Williams. Those two compliment each other well. Williams is a bruiser back and Jones is the versatile back.

The staff just needs to give Jones more carries. 

The year Ty Montgomery started being an every day back, didn't he average like the most yards after contact of any running back? Not that this has to do with anything, but just remember that being a surprising statistic

1 minute ago, rthom348 said:

The year Ty Montgomery started being an every day back, didn't he average like the most yards after contact of any running back? Not that this has to do with anything, but just remember that being a surprising statistic

Not really sure on that stat and I'm too lazy to confirm it. But Ty should've stayed at WR IMO as a slot......he hasn't worked out at RB because he has sickle cell and can't handle the amount of touches. 

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

nothing to back this up but i think its rodgers knee. if they had a servicable backup, i think the best route wouldve been to rest him for x amount of time.

Rodgers has not logged any (or much) practice time since the week 1 knee injury.  That likely affects the timing of the offense.  Rodgers looks off on some throws.  

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

997 yards and 12 TDs in 2016.  885 and 10 TDs with no Rodgers for most of the year last year.  He is a #1 for sure.  Not going to deny that he was overpaid a bit.

The rest of your argument is silly at best.  Ask any DC is they consider him a non factor and they'd laugh at you.

You certainly haven't heard any Packer fan talk up most of our RBs over the years.

Yes, yes we have.  A lot.  I still remember some Jack *** gb writer voting Eddie Lacy an all pro

Archived