What happen to the Packers offense?

Chargers

The Packers Offense starts off slow most seasons, Rodgers doesn't play much or at all during the preseason and the offense itself really does require sync between QB and WRs as well as building trust.  As an offense we don't 'scheme guys open' as much as some teams around the league, it's a lot of ISO route concepts, 'you receiver go out there win your one and one matchup and if you are open Aaron will find you.'

In terms of the league itself you hear from many film guru journalists who speak on a regular basis to NFC scouts and personnel that the Packers offense is fairly simple on paper/in theory to play against but Rodgers still beats you anyway because of his ability.  Obviously, if Rodgers if off at all then the offense really struggles, Rodgers is the offense.

I wish we could change it up a bit, but that's the offense we have and are continuing to run going forward.

Mix of two things mostly:

1. Rodgers is off a bit to start the year. This is not unheard of as the Packers offense always seems to start slow for the first 4 or so weeks. Even more so probably due to his injury but he looked relatively healthy against the Bills. 

2. Some really really untimely drops. It seems like a lot of decent pass plays have been dropped this year. Especially evident in the Vikings game but has been an issue in all but the Bears game really. 

As a Packers fan i'm not too concerned about it although it is troubling that this happens every year. 

The Packers offense is notorious for starting out slow then hitting their stride later on. 

They need MORE Adams

MORE Jones

and stop dropping the ball! It’s killlllling their offensive flow thus far. 

I don’t think people realize the significance of the drops. Every game has seen a 3rd down drop. Last game Adams dropped a HIGHLIGHT reel TD (Not an easy catch) and Geronimo drooped a highlight sideline catch (also not easy). You complete those two passes and it’s 30-0 and 33-0 AT WORST and Rodgers finishes with 360 yards and 2 TDs. We’re not even having this conversation.

Earlier this year Jimmy Graham had a nice TD called back on a crap holding. Randall Cobb (who only dropped 1 pass last year) has 3-4 drops including one that was a TD.

Were a few 50/50 balls away from Rodgers having 3 more TDs and 200 yards which would put him in the top 5 right now.

Point is, we’re 2-1-1 at the quarter mark. It will be okay.

15 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Because you say so and your front office has was dumb enough to sign him to elite money?

He’s never had a thousand yard season while nearly 50different receivers have during his career. He’s currently 33rd in receiving yards per game. This is all on a pass happy team with arguably the best QB ever. He’s a non factor as far as the NFL at large is concerned, and he has the numbers to back that up. He might not even be as good as Geronimo Allison, 40 year old Raiders Nelson, or Randall Cobb.

We always hear that a different running back in Green Bay is talented. Jones has 500 career yards. He’s a non entity as of now.

Based on his play and what the market dictated.  The money Davante Adams got this past year is in line with other WRs in his bracket: Alshon Jeffrey, Stefon Diggs, Allen Robinson, etc. are all making similar amount of money.  If you want to say that Davante Adams isn't a #1 WR, by all means do so.  But make sure you're applying that evenly across the board.  If you're going to apply that logic, the number of true #1 WRs in the NFL is few and far between.  The last statement about Davante Adams I'm not sure if is just meant to troll or just prove you don't watch any Packers game.  I legitimately don't know.

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Elite? Do we throw that word around for anyone now? 

TightFlakyAlpaca.webp 

I don't know, do you? And whoever else "we" is? I can't answer this question for you or "we".

Webby really needs to put something in place for people who fail to read. Like a questionnaire or something that pops up and you can't login until you answer some basic questions. And do this every month or so as a refresher because this getting ridiculous. 

And yea he has been back 2 weeks now but it takes time to get started just like everyone else. 

No, not like everyone else because the RB position has the easiest learning curve in the league. See AP--signed with a new team ~2 weeks before week 1 and has been tearing it up.

Jones just isn't getting enough touches -- same as last year. Williams is a good short yardage back but not much more. Jones' suspension has nothing to do with it.

43 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

TightFlakyAlpaca.webp 

I don't know, do you? And whoever else "we" is? I can't answer this question for you or "we".

Webby really needs to put something in place for people who fail to read. Like a questionnaire or something that pops up and you can't login until you answer some basic questions. And do this every month or so as a refresher because this getting ridiculous. 

No, not like everyone else because the RB position has the easiest learning curve in the league. See AP--signed with a new team ~2 weeks before week 1 and has been tearing it up.

Jones just isn't getting enough touches -- same as last year. Williams is a good short yardage back but not much more. Jones' suspension has nothing to do with it.

That’s an awful lot of talk but didnt exactly change the fact you said nothing about Cobb and i agree with you about Jones. Damn. For someone his size, Cobb should be able to separate better. He gets treated like a WR that if you give him an inch he’s gone but he’s not. You say he’s elite, is he even a Top-20 WR in the NFL? Its not like he’s tearing it up with arguably the best QB in the league. So instead of wondering what Webby should be doing why not tell me what makes Cobb elite or tell me what you think that word means?

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That’s an awful lot of talk but didnt exactly change the fact you said nothing about Cobb and i agree with you about Jones. Damn. For someone his size, Cobb should be able to separate better. He gets treated like a WR that if you give him an inch he’s gone but he’s not. You say he’s elite, is he even a Top-20 WR in the NFL? Its not like he’s tearing it up with arguably the best QB in the league. So instead of wondering what Webby should be doing why not tell me what makes Cobb elite or tell me what you think that word means?

Webby.....PLEASE put this in motion ASAP.

You know how your mom used to tell you to think before say anything. Well the same principles apply on a forum. Read before say anything.

I simply have faith that Rodgers will elevate like he always does. And his guys will begin to hold onto the damn ball. 

Aside from that, I expect no change from McCarthy. He rarely adjusts to anything during a game. Actually..my last sentence is wrong.

The only thing McCarthy adjusts to is that when he has a big lead, he reverts to being overly conservative. That's his main adjustment, and it's a negative one. Luckily our offense is nauseating right now so we won't need to worry about gaining big leads very frequently.

Archived