NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

This should be good, but OK genius, what about my post was not up to your brilliant standard. 

You just said you wished spacing, on a team with serious spacing issues, was worse. Embiid is so great in part because he has to be closed out on. He's a below-average shooter, yet guys can't leave him open. So they close out, and he gets to the rim attacking the closeout. Yet you'd rather have him only post up? The most inefficient play in basketball? You prefer that?

17 minutes ago, Utley said:

You just said you wished spacing, on a team with serious spacing issues, was worse. Embiid is so great in part because he has to be closed out on. He's a below-average shooter, yet guys can't leave him open. So they close out, and he gets to the rim attacking the closeout. Yet you'd rather have him only post up? The most inefficient play in basketball? You prefer that?

If he is a "below average shooter", then what do you think an opposing coach/defender would rather see more of? 3 point shots or getting in the paint? 

"the most inefficient play in basketball"? Wow? so a center capable of skillfully or bullishly overpowering "in the paint" is the most "inefficient play in basketball"????

Not to mention how many times he would get someone in foul trouble.

Now if your argument is lack of spacing because of Simmons etc, that's one thing. But having seen great centers of the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 2000s vs the BIGMEN today who struggle to convert anything outside a dunk near the rim, all while putting up LOW pct jump shots, then YES I stick by my original comment. 

Just imagine players like Hakeem, Ewing, Duncan, Moses, Shaq, Kareem and on and on, that they need to learn to spot up, because they creating poor spacing for their team. SMDH.

Edited by resilient part 2

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

If he is a "below average shooter", then what do you think an opposing coach/defender would rather see more of? 3 point shots or getting in the paint? 

"the most inefficient play in basketball"? Wow? so a center capable of skillfully or bullishly overpowering "in the paint" is the most "inefficient play in basketball"????

Not to mention how many times he would get someone in foul trouble.

Now if your argument is lack of spacing because of Simmons etc, that's one thing. But having seen great centers of the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 2000s vs the BIGMEN today who struggle to convert anything outside a dunk near the rim, all while putting up LOW pct jump shots, then YES I stick by my original comment. 

Just imagine players like Hakeem, Ewing, Duncan, Moses, Shaq, Kareem and on and on, that they need to learn to spot up, because they creating poor spacing for their team. SMDH.

The post up is the most inefficient play in basketball. Period. That's why centers need the ability to shoot. It's also why most of the best teams in the league don't start a traditional center.

2 minutes ago, Utley said:

The post up is the most inefficient play in basketball. Period. That's why centers need the ability to shoot. It's also why most of the best teams in the league don't start a traditional center.

Maybe because the centers DON"T have any skillzz in the post anymore. Because as I said already, "they aren't being taught in the younger generation anymore" which is what I don't like. 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Maybe because the centers DON"T have any skillzz in the post anymore. Because as I said already, "they aren't being taught in the younger generation anymore" which is what I don't like. 

It has always been the most inefficient play in basketball. Teams just didn't figure that out until they started looking at the numbers. 

26 minutes ago, Utley said:

It has always been the most inefficient play in basketball. Teams just didn't figure that out until they started looking at the numbers. 

what???????? "always the most inefficient play at in basketball"

Wilt Chamberlain all-time great all-time scorer, post up player. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar number one scorer in history one 3-point shot in career, always post up player

Shaquille O'Neal one of the most dominant players in basketball history only posted up. Hakeem the Dream, Moses Malone, Parish, Walton, Duncan, ALL just post up players. All in HOF. All.unstoppable, ALL post up players.

How many MVPs did these guys win? how many titles did these guys win??.

I really can't believe you just said post up is the most inefficient play in basketball history. Wow that might be the worst post ever at this so-called basketball forum. Congrats. B|

Edited by resilient part 2

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Wilt Chamberlain all-time great all-time scorer, post up player. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar number one scorer in history one 3-point shot in career, always post up player

Shaquille O'Neal one of the most dominant players in basketball history only posted up. Hakeem the Dream, Moses Malone, Parish, Walton, Duncan, ALL just post up players. All in HOF. All.unstoppable, ALL post up players.

I really can't believe you just said post up is the most inefficient pot in basketball history. Wow that might be the worst post ever at this so-called basketball forum. Congrats. B|

How many efficiency stats did you just cite?

42 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I really can't believe you just said post up is the most inefficient play in basketball history. Wow that might be the worst post ever at this so-called basketball forum. Congrats. B|

They don't play anymore. The NBA is completely different now.