NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

is that the same CP3 who posters were claiming should be rated higher than Kyrie in our top players in the NBA thread??

Last year he was better. Didn't expect him to fall off a cliff. Jokic still better than Kyrie though. 

56 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Last year he was better. Didn't expect him to fall off a cliff. Jokic still better than Kyrie though. 

Until the playoffs when one guy is single handily closing out games, and the other.....Well, let's what the other does. Super intrigued of the Nuggets in the playoffs.

As for the Kyrie/CP3 debates, it wasn't just that folks thought that CP3 was better. That is a perfectly fine and reasonable take, but to say it wasn't close was laughable as it gets. Like are we going to pretend we didn't see Kyrie in back to back finals completely dominate the Dubs and make some clutch plays throughout both postseasons? So yeah, it was definitely close heading into the season and obviously he's been better than CP3 thus far this season. But I'm not ready to call CP3 washed just yet. I want to see how he looks as the season progresses. Doesn't seem to be the same after Rondo gave him that two piece...........

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Until the playoffs when one guy is single handily closing out games, and the other.....Well, let's what the other does. Super intrigued of the Nuggets in the playoffs.

As for the Kyrie/CP3 debates, it wasn't just that folks thought that CP3 was better. That is a perfectly fine and reasonable take, but to say it wasn't close was laughable as it gets. Like are we going to pretend we didn't see Kyrie in back to back finals completely dominate the Dubs and make some clutch plays throughout both postseasons? So yeah, it was definitely close heading into the season and obviously he's been better than CP3 thus far this season. But I'm not ready to call CP3 washed just yet. I want to see how he looks as the season progresses. Doesn't seem to be the same after Rondo gave him that two piece...........

Kyrie is a great closer fam. Maybe all time. But the reason why people are down on him is his effect on the offense as a playmaker...and we’ve seen that this year. Celtics offense has been average at best, although they look to be turning it around a bit. Putting Kyrie in the top ten based on his closing skills might be a bit aggressive. 

Agreed on CP3 tho. I’m not throwing in the towel at all. 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Kyrie is a great closer fam. Maybe all time. But the reason why people are down on him is his effect on the offense as a playmaker...and we’ve seen that this year. Celtics offense has been average at best, although they look to be turning it around a bit. Putting Kyrie in the top ten based on his closing skills might be a bit aggressive. 

Agreed on CP3 tho. I’m not throwing in the towel at all. 

And guess what? In the playoffs when the teams are usually evenly matched, it comes down to having that closer and just closing games in general. There is no way in hell you could say CP3 is CLEARLY better than Kyrie and it's not close. That's just not true. Kyrie's offensive game makes it close with every PG aside from maybe Steph. And even head to head, he gives Steph that work and competes with him. 

Rockets sometimes put on some dominant performances and other times get completely washed. Haven't watched them enough this year, but something is off there. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And guess what? In the playoffs when the teams are usually evenly matched, it comes down to having that closer and just closing games in general. There is no way in hell you could say CP3 is CLEARLY better than Kyrie and it's not close. That's just not true. Kyrie's offensive game makes it close with every PG aside from maybe Steph. And even head to head, he gives Steph that work and competes with him. 

Rockets sometimes put on some dominant performances and other times get completely washed. Haven't watched them enough this year, but something is off there. 

It just comes down to how much of a bump you want to give Kyrie for his 1v1 scoring in the playoffs I guess. Because if you're looking at top 10 players for a season it's hard to include Kyrie when he is bringing one skill to the table...But I fully hear your point. And I will give the man credit for upping his assists this year. But if you are a top ten player and it's all based on your offensive abilities...and your team isn't a good offensive team? That's a tough argument to make IMO. 

But if you're just talking about a CP3 v Kyrie comparison that's fine, I won't argue with you saying that it's close.