NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

This exactly what's going to happen if these two teams meet in the postseason.

Lance, McGee and Lonzo will take over?

Obviously way too early for this kind of talk, but in general these teams will probably fall in that same 2nd tier of the West at season's end, but I think it'd depend largely on who has home court. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lance, McGee and Lonzo will take over?

Obviously way too early for this kind of talk, but in general these teams will probably fall in that same 2nd tier of the West at season's end, but I think it'd depend largely on who has home court. 

Denver can have home court.  It doesn't matter where they play the game.  The Lakers aren't losing to the Nuggets, period.

The thing about the Lakers is that it doesn't matter what team they play against, they will always have the best player on the court.  This matters more in basketball than in any other team sport.  The one team this doesn't apply against is the Warriors because they're the greatest team ever.

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

Denver can have home court.  It doesn't matter where they play the game.  The Lakers aren't losing to the Nuggets, period.

The thing about the Lakers is that it doesn't matter what team they play against, they will always have the best player on the court.  This matters more in basketball than in any other team sport.  The one team this doesn't apply against is the Warriors because they're the greatest team ever.

So then why has Lebron not won every series he's been in, besides the one team the rule apparently doesn't apply to, for the past 10 or so years?

10 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

cracks me up people just expected kyrie and gordon hayward to step in and have everything run smoothly and just add like 20 wins. saw this coming from a mile away.

yes, some of it is just missing shots, it happens. but you have the massive issue of tatum and brown getting used to being "the guys" in the playoffs and suddenly just inserting two ball dominant players like it won't affect anything. 

think someone like hayward or brown will need to come off the bench if they want to maximize their talent. 

I get your overall point, but I think people need to be patience and let Stevens work his magic. Things will click, I'm not worried.

7 hours ago, showtime said:

Okay. 

I predicted before the season that the Nuggets would have a better regular season record but the Lakers would probably win a playoff series. Last night honestly made me feel better about how much better I think the Nuggets are as a team rn, but they didn't play well down the stretch. Long way to go and both teams were missing a couple key players.

But getting Lonzo and Kuzma in the starting lineup might have been a blessing in disguise for the Lakers 

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So then why has Lebron not won every series he's been in, besides the one team the rule apparently doesn't apply to, for the past 10 or so years?

I mean you could make a case only great teams have beat him the last 8-9 years minus what you think of the Mavericks. It's hard to beat him in the playoffs as Vogel once said just because he ends up playing so many more minutes come postseason time compared to the regular season. But the West is obviously a lot deeper than the East and flat out better. Do I think the Lakers beat the Nuggets in the playoffs? Probably, but let's see what type of pace the Lakers are able to play in the postseason. And can some of the youngsters still thrive in a slower pace? 

14 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

cracks me up people just expected kyrie and gordon hayward to step in and have everything run smoothly and just add like 20 wins. saw this coming from a mile away.

yes, some of it is just missing shots, it happens. but you have the massive issue of tatum and brown getting used to being "the guys" in the playoffs and suddenly just inserting two ball dominant players like it won't affect anything. 

think someone like hayward or brown will need to come off the bench if they want to maximize their talent. 

This is a bad take. Missed a ton of looks they’ll hit most of the time. Of course they’ll need to gel a bit, but this isn’t some catostrophic issue. They’ll have it figure out within the month of November.