Rodgers vs McCarthy

rocky_rams

McCarthy was a good coach but I think the game may be passing him by a little at this point.  Although he had a good run, it wouldn't surprise me if they let him go at the end of the year.  The biggest problem the Packers have had for the last 6-7 years was not Mike McCarthy.  It was Ted Thompson.  He was incredibly overrated, and when Rodgers went down with his injury last year, TT was finally exposed and they let him go.  If the Packers don't make the playoffs this year (and I don't think they will), the McCarthy era in Green Bay will be over.

17 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers loves WI, he became a resident, became an owner of the Bucks and is a routine attender of Badgers basketball games throughout the season. Even in the off-season he splits time between here and Cali.

Siberia thing was in the 70s and 80s, the whole nightlife thing becomes pretty irrelevant when you're playing winning football for 26 years. Sure we'll never win a bidding war for an OBJ kind of guy, who cares. White, Woodson, Peppers, Graham, we can get vets to come here.

Wisconsin is a decent place to live.  I don't really agree with this whole "Siberia" thing.  Sure, some players might not be a good fit for Wisconsin, but there are plenty who would love it.  Personally, I would MUCH rather live in Green Bay than in New York, Philadelphia, or a number of other cities.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's not clear that this is on Capers or MM. It's really hard to stay good. There was a combined: bad injury luck, bad execution, bad coaching, lack of talent, ST gaffe, etc. That lead to failures to win another SB.

GBs defense was damn good in 2014, for example.

2014? 13th in points allowed, 15th in yards allowed, 16th in DVOA? 

Obviously I don't watch every Packer game, so let me know from that season. I don't remember them particularly standing out that year. 

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

2014? 13th in points allowed, 15th in yards allowed, 16th in DVOA? 

Obviously I don't watch every Packer game, so let me know from that season. I don't remember them particularly standing out that year. 

Was thinking postseason specifically where the defense balled out in the NFCCG and were more than good enough to win the SB with that year.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:53 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Wisconsin is a decent place to live.  I don't really agree with this whole "Siberia" thing.  Sure, some players might not be a good fit for Wisconsin, but there are plenty who would love it.  Personally, I would MUCH rather live in Green Bay than in New York, Philadelphia, or a number of other cities.

You are among a rare minority then. No chance a rising 20 something millionaire dreams of living in Green Bay over New York.

12 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

So where do we stand with this? Does McCarthy need to get canned?

Not yet, no. he's done enough over the years to give himself a little breathing room but if the Packers miss the Playoffs this year without an injured Rodgers, then yes.

It's no secret that new GM's like to establish their own staff and players. So with Gute taking over, his job and resume is dependant on results and if he's not getting those expected results, he's going to look for changes.  

8 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I hope he stays tbh. Bring back Capers too, tbh.

Thompson too lol.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:
3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

get rid of the fat man first to see whether thay helps.

What,. You don't wanna get rid of a HoF QB?

i mean...that can be next.

but first...optimal game theory suggests ax8ng the random fat man

Archived