Rodgers vs McCarthy

rocky_rams

5 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Brees doesn't.  Brees is annoyingly optimistic about everything.  He very rarely doesn't say the politically correct thing.

Funny side story- I was listening to local Chicago news and Olin Krutz our old center told us a story about Brees. Apparently Brees was always riding Olin until one day get went off on him and picked him up and threw him. He was gone the next day haha.

I'm more of a fan of McCarthy as a HC than as a OC.  His teams have done a pretty good job of fighting through adversity and besides last year they never looked like they gave up on a season even when they struggled at times.  He was too stubborn to bail on Dom Capers but he seems to have been a good motivator/manager overall.  His offense has been sloppy and inconsistent though since the 2015 season and he doesn't seem to be able to consistently overcome or out coach whatever the issues are.  The offense bounces back whenever Rodgers starts playing like he's from another planet but if that's the only way your offense works then it's not really a good thing.

3 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Funny side story- I was listening to local Chicago news and Olin Krutz our old center told us a story about Brees. Apparently Brees was always riding Olin until one day get went off on him and picked him up and threw him. He was gone the next day haha.

I thought it was aaron Kromer he was mad at, and Brees got in his way or something.

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Sounds like he's not happy there. Why didn't he angle for a trade instead of accepting a new contract?

Because there was no chance in hell of him getting out of Green Bay. He would have been franchise tagged into 2020 and he'd be 37 before he'd be free to shop around. And he's not really the type of QB whose play leads to longevity. Short of going to the media and taking a dump all over the team, the city, and the fans and ruining his legacy worse than Favre he had no chance of being traded. 

Think about how much you'd have to trade to get Rodgers. You'd have to have at least two first rounders next year and one would need to be top 5 imo. Then you probably need a first rounder for the following year and several two's and 3's over the next 5 seasons. A team would sabotage themselves to get him and the Packers still would struggle to replace him. It's not a good trade either way.

8 hours ago, Starless said:

I don't blame him at all. All those years of frustration, being saddled with a mediocre coach and a FO that doesn't like to bring in free agents after being the best QB in the league. It has to be wearing thin.

Green Bay used to be called NFL Siberia for a reason. It's really not an attractive location for bunch of millionaires in their mid to late 20's or early 30's. 

11 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I think you'll find most Packers fans are just about ready to move on from McCarthy.  Al Davis had a thing about keeping a coach for over a decade, and I think, in most cases, he was right.  Sometimes, it's just better for both parties to go their separate ways.  

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for his SB ring from almost a decade ago, he'd already have been fired. Tend to get a longer leash when you get one of those.

Possibly the most overrated HC in decades!

Archived