State of our team

Rolni

I see us winning 4 straight against the Chargers, Seahawks, Colts, and 49ers... going 5-3.

Then I see us losing our final 7 out of 8 games minus the home game against Denver. 6-10 this year. Not a terrible record under Grudens first year rebuilding.

Can't really see the 4 straight W now. But if that happens, I can't believe we would drop 7 of 8...

The Q2 games seems to be winnable.

The Chargers D took a big step backwards this season so far, so we have a chance for a shoot out and if Carr and Lynch plays well we can get a W "at home".

The Seahawks seems like a trainwreck and just lost Earl Thomas from the back end, so I can see the W there too.

The Colts team is really weak, but Luck is still a good QB, so not a no brainer, but definately a winable match if Carr plays good football.

The 49ers without Jimmy are totally different, but they have guys to create havoc in the middle on D and their HC is a really good O mind...again if we play well, we should win.

To me all those games comes down to Carr's performance. We saw that Lynch can get going, we saw that the O can really roll if Carr plays well. The defense can't win games, but can keep us close for a short period IMO to overcome 1 or 2 mistakes.

If the Carr can continue to improve in this scheme we should be in a much better situation by the end of Q2.

What Rolni is saying. I don't see us winning 4 straight, but when we would i certainly don't see us dropping 7 out of 8 after that. 

My quick analysis of the state of our team is that if we pick BPA with our #10, #26 and #42 picks in the next draft than all 3 players will be starters except if they are QB, OG or OC. 

Carr isn't a question mark. Watching the games has told me that. The rams game was one bad game. He's made some bad throws and made strides in other areas. He's a franchise qb. Whether he can grow and become very good/elite is something we will see on, but he is a surefire franchise quarterback and that isn't debatable.

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Carr isn't a question mark. Watching the games has told me that. The rams game was one bad game. He's made some bad throws and made strides in other areas. He's a franchise qb. Whether he can grow and become very good/elite is something we will see on, but he is a surefire franchise quarterback and that isn't debatable.

Agree. Carr is a solid QB, I don't know what some fans are expecting. Not all QBs are Rodgers and Carr is still young and learning a new system. He showed last week he can stand in there and take hits while delivering the ball. As long as his confidence is in tacked, he will be fine. 

Gruden said a couple of his bad decision were on him. He didn't elaborate, but seems Gruden has all the trust in him. 

Biggest issue for me with Carr is his deep ball. He get so much air under it sometimes. It just hangs up there and leads to a lot of under throws. 

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Is Andy dalton a franchise qb to you

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree. Carr is a solid QB, I don't know what some fans are expecting. 

Im expecting way more than a solid QB when he is paid elite money. 

If he is just a "solid" Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill tier QB and we're paying him 25 mill per - that's not a good look. 

I dont know if Carr is a franchise QB yet. That term is thrown around too loosely,  imo. He has been super inconsistent since his injuries. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Biggest issue for me with Carr is his deep ball. He get so much air under it sometimes. It just hangs up there and leads to a lot of under throws. 

I’m no qb expert but shouldn’t this be easy to get him to stop doing ? Some  deep balls look more like high arching 3 point shots 

45 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Is Andy dalton a franchise qb to you

Yes. He has missed 3 games in 7 years. Taken the bengals go the playoffs 3 times in those 7 years. He is 20 games over 500. 

He may not be an Elite franchise QB but hes a a franchise QB. 

Carr's contract was purely timing based. Was joe flacco deserving of being the highest paid qb in the league when he was... no but timing is everything. I think carrs floor is a top 15 qb. While his ceiling is top 3. 

Archived