Dark horses through the first quarter

Elky

9 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Ok... If you removed the entire first half of the Bills game in which the Ravens outscored the Bills 26-0, their PD would be +32, tied with Jacksonville for #4 in the league.  If you remove the entire 44 points they beat the Bills by in that game, they would be +14 still good for #8 in the league, just ahead of Cinci.  It's not particularly valid to do either of those things from an analysis perspective, but it illustrates the flaw in just bleating "but the bills." 

I never said that's the only reason why they're high in PD. I said it obviously has a solid part in it.

I listed them as a darkhorses, they're a very solid team in the AFC. But PD in a 4 game sample can be misleading/not tell the whole story. I don't view them with the elite teams in the league, at least not yet.

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

this is like saying Whitney Mercilus is the best player on the Texans D.

You could actually argue this in 2016 (Watt was hurt and Clowney was good in small handfuls).

I'm dying on this hill if I have to - Joe Mixon will end up as a top 5 RB. (My $2,000 fantasy league NEEDS this because Leonard Fournette's hamstring has been killing me. On the plus side, Will Fuller, John Brown, Zach Ertz, Phillip Rivers and Chicago D have held firm for me...)

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

You could actually argue this in 2016 (Watt was hurt and Clowney was good in small handfuls).

I'm dying on this hill if I have to - Joe Mixon will end up as a top 5 RB. (My $2,000 fantasy league NEEDS this because Leonard Fournette's hamstring has been killing me. On the plus side, Will Fuller, John Brown, Zach Ertz, Phillip Rivers and Chicago D have held firm for me...)

I can understand you dying on the "NACHOS ARE THE BEST APPETIZER FITE ME" hill, but not this one. 

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I never said that's the only reason why they're high in PD. I said it obviously has a solid part in it.

I listed them as a darkhorses, they're a very solid team in the AFC. But PD in a 4 game sample can be misleading/not tell the whole story. I don't view them with the elite teams in the league, at least not yet.

Very fair point regarding sample size , I am of the mind that "they haven't played anyone" or "yea, but one of those wins was against X" arguments are typically pretty weak, but you appear to have a bit more thought put into your position.  My point wasn't that they were one of the "elite teams," at this point, just that they were receiving a relatively low amount of buzz for a team with said PD, thus a potential dark horse.  Anyway, perhaps we aren't actually that far apart in our positions.

23 hours ago, ET80 said:

I know your pain as a Mixon and Fournette owner in my dynasty league. 

Archived