2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

1 hour ago, Utley said:

BUT MACHADO DOESN'T STIR DRINKS AND HARPER HITS .249!!!!

LOL

You think a .249 hitter (career .279) is worth 30M a year because he's 26 years old?

Nuf sed about your talent evaluations.

"But, but, those gross revenues!"

Ha! Too funny.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL

You think a .249 hitter (career .279) is worth 30M a year because he's 26 years old?

Nuf sed about your talent evaluations.

"But, but, those gross revenues!"

Ha! Too funny.

A .393/.496 hitter and also the most marketable star in the game is.

13 minutes ago, Utley said:

A .393/.496 hitter and also the most marketable star in the game is.

Oh I see.

So you select the statistical category that gets you excited. Fine.

.249 represents his success at getting a hit - of any kind.

Hate to keep stepping all over your wet dream, but as mentioned previously the NYY had a rookie 3rd baseman who out hit your boy last year.
Oh and his OBP was .328 / SLG .527.

I like Harper....but not at 30M per year. Not for those stats.

The NYY dont need to over pay for "marketable" players. Their either 1st or 2nd in league attendance - year in - year out. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh I see.

So you select the statistical category that gets you excited. Fine.

.249 represents his success at getting a hit - of any kind.

Hate to keep stepping all over your wet dream, but as mentioned previously the NYY had a rookie 3rd baseman who out hit your boy last year.
Oh and his OBP was .328 / SLG .527.

I like Harper....but not at 30M per year. Not for those stats.

The NYY dont need to over pay for "marketable" players. Their either 1st or 2nd in league attendance - year in - year out. 

No, I chose the ones that mattered. Andujar is also a putrid defender, while Harper has proven to be at least average defensively, and transcendent at times offensively. Btw, that .328 OBP? Not good. 

1 minute ago, Utley said:

No, I chose the ones that mattered. Andujar is also a putrid defender, while Harper has proven to be at least average defensively, and transcendent at times offensively. Btw, that .328 OBP? Not good. 

Fine. I'm done bantering with you Utley. It's like having a convesation with a Whack-a-Mole.

Go root for your Eagles. They're perennial losers and could probably use the support.

Just now, Leader said:

Fine. I'm done bantering with you Utley. It's like having a convesation with a Whack-a-Mole.

Go root for your Eagles. They're perennial losers and could probably use the support.

I bet you're fun at parties. You're doing an awful lot of projecting.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I never wanted Machado. If the NYY signed him - fine with me - but I've never considered him a crucial piece. The NYY know Machado better than any team bidding for his services. Play him 16 times a year. Now BALT rosters have taken a downturn in recent years - but what did Machado ever bring to them? Went to the Dodgers last year. Loaded roster - BIG STAGE - did Manny turn out to be the straw that stirs the drink? He prove to be the missing piece that would get them over the hump? Far from it. But this guy's worth a bundle of cash. Well, maybe to the right roster. Let him cash in and disappear on CHI's insignificant team.

A few years back the NYY let Cano walk. Good move. He fell off the face of the earth in SEA. Made good coin - good for him and his family - and the NYY went out and got his replacement: Torres.

I've always been more intrigued by Harper - again - not because his on the field exploits have brought fame and glory to the Nationals. He's a .279 hitter (last year .249) and he finally broke 30HRs last year. Not a chump (dont get me wrong) but not exactly awe inspiring. Oh but he's definitely worth 30M a year. Oh yeah? Why? We had an inexpensive rookie third baseman outhit him last year. 

But - Harper fits the NYY positionally better than Machado (IMO) I definitely like the left handed bat and he SHOULD come cheaper than Manny. I think Harpers gonna wind up in PHILLY however.

Oh btw - in this land of corruption and collusion - Mookie and Jacob seemed to make out pretty good today eh? Oh well.

Yeah, you should probably stick to football...

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

Everybody is disagreeing with you and WE'RE the problem...

mmkay. LIS above, stick to football.

53 minutes ago, Leader said:

Now I'm no expert. But I'm pretty sure the Eagles are 2 games away from the SB after winning it last year.

Oh also yes, Bryce Harper is easily worth $300M, he's probably worth $400M just for the marketing considerations alone.

Archived