The 3 RB's

Golfman

Only 4 teams in the league have scored fewer TDs this year through 1/4 of the season.  Don't see anything wrong with this conversation. It's a conversation that every single talking head in sports media is having this week.  It's not like our offense has looked good this year given the long periods of ineffectiveness. 

I think a lot of people underestimate what a good running game does in slowing down the rush. It probably has a greater neutralizing effect on a pass rush than does a guy who may pick up that one free blitzer a game. 

I happen to like all three of our guys, but we've haven't had an Aaron Jones type around here as far back as I can remember. 

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Only 4 teams in the league have scored fewer TDs this year through 1/4 of the season.  Don't see anything wrong with this conversation. It's a conversation that every single talking head in sports media is having this week.  It's not like our offense has looked good this year given the long periods of ineffectiveness. 

And very few teams have faced as tough a group of defenses as Green Bay. 

Is anyone arguing that Jones shouldn't get more touches? 

I haven't read anyone saying that we should "run him into the ground" but its pretty evident hes by far our best RB and he needs to get the ball more... if Jamaal Williams continues to get more carries than Jones I will lose what little faith I have left in McFat. 

7 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'm getting the exact same feeling.

I just can't believe I'm agreeing with Norm..............more alcohol please.

I'd give you one, but there's only one left in the fridge. FML.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You prefer, "McCarthy is an idiot for not knowing how to handle RB" threads?

Does nobody remember when Ty got hurt because we used him too many times in a row? lol. I do. I remember.

I legit feel bad for Mike. Even when I was bartending Sundays. Every single time there would be non packer, NON FOOTBALL fans that would see him oh fat stupid ******* blah blah.. It became a running joke that someone would make fun of him that doesn't know football. I hope he doesn't have the internet. 

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Now go watch the blocking on the 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 11 plays you're referencing. 

An unblocked LB in the hole on 2nd down and Bell getting beat across his face into the hole on 3rd down. Maybe a great RB trusts his speed and can get to the outside to get 5 or 6 which may have gotten you into range to try a questionable field goal on that 3rd down. But even that's questionable.

The only reason we're excited for Jones right now is he had that 30 yard run. If Kendricks misses the block on Edmunds and he gets cut down in the hole, nobody's upset right now.

If Kendricks didn't screw up the block on Edmunds on Williams' 11 yard run, that would have been a 30 yard run.

There's a difference in ability being prescribed to these players that is far more significant than it actually is. 

And I'm not even saying that Jones isn't a better runner than Williams, he is. He made two great plays to make his own yardage against the Bills, but we're talking 17 yards.

You must not have watched him last year. There literally is no comparison watching him and Williams run the ball. Jones creates yards that arent there for an average back. The only yards Williams creates is when he moves the pile for an extra yard or two. It's clear as day. 

If you want to pump Williams up because he can block and catch the ball, fine I get that, but as a runner, the two don't belong in the same conversation.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Does nobody remember when Ty got hurt because we used him too many times in a row? lol. I do. I remember.

I legit feel bad for Mike. Even when I was bartending Sundays. Every single time there would be non packer, NON FOOTBALL fans that would see him oh fat stupid ******* blah blah.. It became a running joke that someone would make fun of him that doesn't know football. I hope he doesn't have the internet. 

Didn't he call twitter tweeter :D

Archived