Top 5 Receiving Backs in the NFL

AlNFL19

Johnson

McCaffrey

Kamara

Ekeler

Bell

are the best. They can split out, run the whole route tree, win one on one matchups and their YAC ability is off the charts.

Gurley did most of his damage from screens last season, but I've seen this year he can go up the seam and on wheel routes as well. He's still getting better in that area and may soon be one of the best in the pass game.

White is playing better than anyone in the pass game, but that is strictly attributed to his chemistry with Brady/understanding his role in the system/football IQ. He's basically another player Belichick/McDaniels is making the most use out of. He's at best an average RB with an average skillset. And he'd probably have a hard time finding a place in the league without this perfect marriage.

4 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Johnson

McCaffrey

Kamara

Ekeler

Bell

are the best. They can split out, run the whole route tree, win one on one matchups and their YAC ability is off the charts.

Gurley did most of his damage from screens last season, but I've seen this year he can go up the seam and on wheel routes as well. He's still getting better in that area and may soon be one of the best in the pass game.

White is playing better than anyone in the pass game, but that is strictly attributed to his chemistry with Brady/understanding his role in the system/football IQ. He's basically another player Belichick/McDaniels is making the most use out of. He's at best an average RB with an average skillset. And he'd probably have a hard time finding a place in the league without this perfect marriage.

That's not accurate. Gurley was arguably the NFL's best screen HB last year, but he did his damage in a variety of ways. I doubt his usage was much different than a guy like Kamara's (outside of volume). The Saints are like the Rams in how much they screen.

There are many players to choose from and I am not disagreeing with what lists people have put on here as top5 makes it difficult.  For me, Bell can't be on this list because he hasn't played a snap this season.

The player whose highlights I will watch every week is Barkley.  Wait to see what happens if/when the Giants get their OL going and a real QB. I expect Barkley to challenge Dickerson's record annually.

A real sleeper is Carlos Hyde,  look at the stats and then watch him play.  Him and Duke are quite a 1-2 RB attack the Browns have going. That with Mayfields accuracy and leading the league in TO's should really get the Browns in the conversation for the playoffs

On 10/13/2018 at 11:39 PM, 3rivers said:

There are many players to choose from and I am not disagreeing with what lists people have put on here as top5 makes it difficult.  For me, Bell can't be on this list because he hasn't played a snap this season.

The player whose highlights I will watch every week is Barkley.  Wait to see what happens if/when the Giants get their OL going and a real QB. I expect Barkley to challenge Dickerson's record annually.

A real sleeper is Carlos Hyde,  look at the stats and then watch him play.  Him and Duke are quite a 1-2 RB attack the Browns have going. That with Mayfields accuracy and leading the league in TO's should really get the Browns in the conversation for the playoffs

Carlos Hyde shouldn't even be playing. Nick Chubb is a far better HB to pair with Duke Johnson.

Archived