Week 6 GDT - San Francisco (1-4) @ Green Bay (2-2-1)

Leader

How we lose this game:

SF slows the game down, Matt Breida plays and plays well.  SF is able to control the number of opportunities for Rodgers and co, and Beathard doesn't turn the ball over and hits 1-2 deep passes to Goodwin picking on Brice while focusing on Kittle to move the chains.  SF has good 1st down passing and shanahan is able to keep Pettine guessing.

Don't think it's especially likely, because GB should be able to get a lead and should play good defense with a lead against this team.

I've been away too long...trying to get a business up and running.

I've invested too much time in this team for such little return.  The shot last week in the second quarter of Clay laughing it up on the sideline, while down double digits, is all I need to see to understand how it is going to be this year.

This should be an easy W.  This should be a bounce back game before the bye.  And I totally expect GB to blow it.

What I want to see is this...

1) Commitment to a running game.  Let's pretend that #12 is actually Hundley and stick to a script.  Let those lineman run block for a while and find a rhythm.

2) Commitment from our QB to get the ball out of his hands in 3 seconds or less.  They cannot rely on extending plays every single down.  Take what is there and move on.

3) No easy drops, no easy misses from the QB.  I guess this should fall under "mentally sharp".

4) Let's not miss a kick inside of 45 yards.

5) Passion.  I want to see plays celebrated.  Enthusiasm.

If they can do those things, I'll be happy knowing that there has been improvement.  Regardless of outcome.

So far this club has been a real buzz kill.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I've been away too long...trying to get a business up and running.

I've invested too much time in this team for such little return.  The shot last week in the second quarter of Clay laughing it up on the sideline, while down double digits, is all I need to see to understand how it is going to be this year.

This should be an easy W.  This should be a bounce back game before the bye.  And I totally expect GB to blow it.

What I want to see is this...

1) Commitment to a running game.  Let's pretend that #12 is actually Hundley and stick to a script.  Let those lineman run block for a while and find a rhythm.

2) Commitment from our QB to get the ball out of his hands in 3 seconds or less.  They cannot rely on extending plays every single down.  Take what is there and move on.

3) No easy drops, no easy misses from the QB.  I guess this should fall under "mentally sharp".

4) Let's not miss a kick inside of 45 yards.

5) Passion.  I want to see plays celebrated.  Enthusiasm.

If they can do those things, I'll be happy knowing that there has been improvement.  Regardless of outcome.

So far this club has been a real buzz kill.  

Players do this all the time even when they're losing, this isn't indicative of our performance. Hell I think I saw Rodgers laughing too on the sideline, it's just a bad time for the camera to catch you. You can't stop people from being human and laughing even when you're down.

A lot of "limited participation" out there. If I were a betting man, I'd guess you won't see Alexander, Breeland, Allison, Cobb, Perry or Whitehead this week. Bulaga will probably play. Packers will be very cautious with a bye a week away. Hopefully it doesn't cost us against the lowly Niners. 

Archived