Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Also one of the most efficient QBs of the decade which helped us to a 6-3 record and his overall winning record.

Italics: You spelled "Throwing short and letting he receiver get the YAC" wrong.

Bold: Again with the W/L record? Seriously? You know who also had a 6-4 record after 9 games? Josh Norman.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

*sigh* Smith was first overall. Even though that was 14 years ago, it still matters. It's why he's gotten multiple chances, and why teams have given up significant draft treasure to get him multiple times.

If Finley isn't a first round pick (much less first overall), he's going to have significantly fewer chances to get a starting gig, much less a 15 year career. It's draft-based league. Some lower drafted players can break through, but it's incredibly tough and requires a lot of luck.

I also never claimed Finley would match Alex's pro career credentials but you know.

22 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I also never claimed Finley would match Alex's pro career credentials but you know.

If you want to have a discussion about them being similar QBs then I would think everything is fair game, not just one aspect of their games that may or may not be true.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Todd McShay had us taking Marquise Brown in round 1 in his latest mock draft and I love it! Explosive WR who can play on the outside or in the slot like his cousin Antonio Brown.

Can't wait to see what he weighs in at the combine. I think if he puts on some weight he is gonna rise.

3 hours ago, taylor made said:

Can't wait to see what he weighs in at the combine. I think if he puts on some weight he is gonna rise.

McShay said he was 170 which, I think AB was the same weight at the combine. AB fell to Round 5 bc of his size and he played in the MAC. I remember watching him in college and I thought it was Dan Lefever who was making AB look awesome but it was the other way around. 

Obviously, Hollywood won’t fall past the mid part of round 2 - and will likely go top 20 - bc Hollywood showcased his skills at OU and played in two straight NCAA Playoffs.

Here’s a crazy thought which, I know I rant going to happen, but just throwing it out there....

Even with our QB situation is what it is - which isn’t good - I wonder if Antonio Brown would want to get traded here to play with his cousin Hollywood?

I doubt AB even gets traded bc his cap hit is $22 m and his dead cap for the Steelers would be $21 if he’s traded this year, but it’s a thought...

Redskins send their 2020 1st and 2nd, conditional 2021 first if AB All-Pro, Zach Brown and Paul Richardson for Antonio Brown?

We’d have to cut Norman, Vernon, re-sign Scherff to lower his cap number, restructure Alex Smith, Jordan Reed and TWill and let Crowder & PSmith walk for sure though.

Of course, to get both the Brown cousins, I think it’d be worth it.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Todd McShay had us taking Marquise Brown in round 1 in his latest mock draft and I love it! Explosive WR who can play on the outside or in the slot like his cousin Antonio Brown.

He got benched during the Orange Bowl after a couple drops and missed targets (Caught 0 passes). He was battling a sore foot. But the one time during the season he faced an actual defense, Bama chewed him up. And he was looking around for the hit instead of watching the ball in.

I can see him being an option for this FO. But in this deep class, I see him as the 4th-5th wr that should be taken off the board.

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He got benched during the Orange Bowl after a couple drops and missed targets (Caught 0 passes). He was battling a sore foot. But the one time during the season he faced an actual defense, Bama chewed him up. And he was looking around for the hit instead of watching the ball in.

I can see him being an option for this FO. But in this deep class, I see him as the 4th-5th wr that should be taken off the board.

Bama is like an NFL defense as is Clemson - when they get their context of PEDs mixes correctly.

Texas is a real defense. 

I don’t know where you come up with your opinions sometimes. Brown is a late 1st or early 2nd round prospect. At worst late 2nd or early 3rd. There’s just no way he falls till round 4 or 5.

With an opinion like you have here, Carson Wentz and guys from mid-American/small schools or FCS players would never get drafted.

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Bama is like an NFL defense as is Clemson - when they get their context of PEDs mixes correctly.

Texas is a real defense. 

I don’t know where you come up with your opinions sometimes. Brown is a late 1st or early 2nd round prospect. At worst late 2nd or early 3rd. There’s just no way he falls till round 4 or 5.

With an opinion like you have here, Carson Wentz and guys from mid-American/small schools or FCS players would never get drafted.

Not 4th or 5th round. 4th or 5th WR that should be taken. This is a talented class. Which I say he is a 2nd-early 3rd round pick. In no way I see him as a top 20 guy.

8 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Not 4th or 5th round. 4th or 5th WR that should be taken. This is a talented class. Which I say he is a 2nd-early 3rd round pick. In no way I see him as a top 20 guy.

You can be hyped about getting a guy that was BENCHED his final game due to ineffectiveness all you want. I come up with my own opinions, not some flashy after season bogus hype click bait topics the likes of what has you wanting Rypien in the 3rd.

Oh ok, my bad I read that wrong. That’s fine, you can think want you want, but I think Brown’s speed, quickness,  big play potential and ability his flashed the last two years prove to be more important than one game where he had a few bad plays and  it was an awful first half for the entire team. Also, as you said he was playing through a foot injury.

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh ok, my bad I read that wrong. That’s fine, you can think want you want, but I think Brown’s speed, quickness,  big play potential and ability his flashed the last two years prove to be more important than one game where he had a few bad plays and  it was an awful first half for the entire team. Also, as you said he was playing through a foot injury.

I like Parris just as much in that dept. And think Parris might be more durable. Which it looks like its something we really need to start factoring into equations more and more.

AJ Brown is amazing and how teams would shift half the defense to his side of the field to prevent him from touching the ball is unheard of. I love Deebos ability to get separation,  he seems like a young Garcon to me. Where he might not be the fastest, but is quick and makes cuts that puts him open constantly. Metcalf isnt bad, concerns me with how much attention AJ drew, how good he really is, though he does have tremendous talent.

And thats how Im looking at this class. Nothing outrageous I dont think in ranking Hollywood 4th or 5th.

On 2/7/2019 at 6:46 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Italics: You spelled "Throwing short and letting he receiver get the YAC" wrong.

Bold: Again with the W/L record? Seriously? You know who also had a 6-4 record after 9 games? Josh Norman.

Are you talking about Tom Brady and Drew Brees?

23 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

No. Those guys actually throw downfield more than once a game. :)

Yeah, like once a half. They really don't that much. I think Michael Thomas had the most catches in the NFL under 10 yards.

Gronk and Eddleman are Brady’s top weapons. They don't get that many passes thrown to them 10 plus yards.

Eddleman, 10 recs, 141 yards, a 14.1-yard average for his MVP Super Bowl performance. Most of those receptions on passes 10 yards or less where he got yac.

Like, I don't know why this is still a thing. If a QBs playmakers aren't getting open deep, then they're going to throw medium short, all QBs do it. It's only Redskins fans who I see complain constantly though. 

Now it's the anti-Alex club, from 2015-2017 it was the anti-Kirkers, 2010 it was was the Anti-McNabbers and before that it was the Jason Campbell haters who had one good WR his entire 4 years as our starter..

Interestingly enough, you’re in all of those clubs but the anti-Kirkers.

Archived