Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

I think the smartest move by us would be to draft a ILB in first round. BPA in second and first third round pick. And then go qb with compensatory third round. 

Let McCoy and draft pick get all offseason reps and battle it out. Open up season with McCoy. We aren't a qb away from winning and picking at 15 screws us from getting a QB in first round without reaching or trading and giving up picks. 

1 minute ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I think the smartest move by us would be to draft a ILB in first round. BPA in second and first third round pick. And then go qb with compensatory third round. 

Let McCoy and draft pick get all offseason reps and battle it out. Open up season with McCoy. We aren't a qb away from winning and picking at 15 screws us from getting a QB in first round without reaching or trading and giving up picks. 

They love SDH and Foster is probably the most talented ILB we’ve had since I can even remember. If we don’t go QB it has to be edge or corner. But I still say we go QB. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

They love SDH and Foster is probably the most talented ILB we’ve had since I can even remember. If we don’t go QB it has to be edge or corner. But I still say we go QB. 

Huh? Which Foster?

If Mason - then I want what you're on.

If Rueben, then I need to see more than just one year of good play to hang my hat on him. 

At this point, the only positions we don't need someone are P, LS, DL (*)

(*) and even here I'd take a late round DL or a 1st round talent that dropped to the 3rd or 4th.

Oh and we need to draft Jimmy Moreland.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Huh? Which Foster?

If Mason - then I want what you're on.

If Rueben, then I need to see more than just one year of good play to hang my hat on him. 

At this point, the only positions we don't need someone are P, LS, DL (*)

(*) and even here I'd take a late round DL or a 1st round talent that dropped to the 3rd or 4th.

Oh and we need to draft Jimmy Moreland.

Man, come on lol. You think I’m gonna say something that dumb about Mason Foster. Thai you know me better than that. I’m referring to Rueben and am basing it solely on talent. We have not had anyone with his kind of talent at ILB since when? I can’t even remember. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man, come on lol. You think I’m gonna say something that dumb about Mason Foster. Thai you know me better than that. I’m referring to Rueben and am basing it solely on talent. We have not had anyone with his kind of talent at ILB since when? I can’t even remember. 

Yeah, I know. I keep forgetting Rueben is on the roster. When I saw Foster, I was like man he is "off his box" (to use an Irish/English saying). So you should've seen my original comment. I caught myself right before sending and added the "which one" part

On 2/3/2019 at 12:27 AM, lavar703 said:

I’ve been watching a lot of Daniel Jones lately because I think he’ll be our pick. His receiver TJ Rahming is pretty damn good and I haven’t heard a word about him. He reminds me of Emmanuel Sanders. 

Thanks, I’ll have to check him out. 

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Since LavarArrington & Marcus Washington last decade.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I like Rypien, but more in that 5th round range. If Ryan Finley is there in the 2nd... that'd be interesting. 

Would you be okay with grabbing him with the 3rd round comp pick? It seems like he's heading up draft boards so a 5th may no longer cut it.

59 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I like Rypien, but more in that 5th round range. If Ryan Finley is there in the 2nd... that'd be interesting. 

Nothing about Finley excites me and he’s older than most of the other QBs, he’ll be 25 in December.

There’s also the fact that both Brett Rypien and Ryan Finley were at Boise State at the same time in 2015. Rypien was a Freshman and Finley was a redshirt Sophmore. 

Finley initially won the job and Rypien was redshirted.  In the three games, Finley completed 46 of 70 passes for 455 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions, pretty awful. Then, Finley got hurt and Brett Rypien took over and the rest is history. Finley transfered to NC State and was good but not great, while Rypien developed into the better QB at Boise.

Archived