Stock Investing

rickyt31

Just now, Shockwave said:

WM and EEM are probably the safest bets. But to be honest once the market finally realizes what the current administration is trying to pass in regards to capital gains, and financial transaction tax, it will tank. These are drastic changes to the market that will completely change the game. Trying my best not to be political, but the market has not accepted the possibility of what the future could be. This administration is hell bent on reigning in high frequency trading. I seriously wonder if todays selloff if indicative of that realization..

At 50/50 the market doesn't think they'll get it passed. Goldman literally said as much pre election, which is why they were rooting for this exact scenario. Biden has a window where he can pass short term stimulus, but good luck whipping a West Virginian senator to agree to a tax increase.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

At 50/50 the market doesn't think they'll get it passed. Goldman literally said as much pre election, which is why they were rooting for this exact scenario. Biden has a window where he can pass short term stimulus, but good luck whipping a West Virginian senator to agree to a tax increase.

Manchin has now become the most powerful man in the Senate. And I agree.. it's less likely to pass. But... it's legislation that will be pushed multiple times by Sanders and Warren over the next 2 years and "might" eventually get some traction. "If" passed it will completely change the market as we know it. I'm not entirely certain Manchin won't at some point be pressured into subservience 

36 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

@Webmaster give me more dang footballs!!!

Sorry, I sold them all to buy some $GME.    Hopefully, I can get a merger done with a SPAC and buy some more soon.   Looking for a $2 Billion valuation.  Check my math here...  AMC revenue was down 90% last year and they gained 4 billion in market cap today.   FF revenue only down 50% last year so should be worth $2Bill today.  Any CFOs know if this is right?

• Like 9

Manchin has now become the most powerful man in the Senate. And I agree.. it's less likely to pass. But... it's legislation that will be pushed multiple times by Sanders and Warren over the next 2 years and "might" eventually get some traction. "If" passed it will completely change the market as we know it. I'm not entirely certain Manchin won't at some point be pressured into subservience 

Fair enough, I just wouldn't imminently expect the market to share your pessimism 

Just now, UncleAdamz said:

I think Wall Street Bets just got shut down lol...

This actually makes me feel SIGNIFICANTLY better.

I was sitting there while all y'all were laughing about it and lol'ing about it and while everyone was celebrating it thinking, "Do any of you realize how much money this lost some very wealthy people who are not going to be happy about it?" 

I'm honestly extremely relieved at this.  Like extremely. 

I hope it never comes back. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

This actually makes me feel SIGNIFICANTLY better.

I was sitting there while all y'all were laughing about it and lol'ing about it and while everyone was celebrating it thinking, "Do any of you realize how much money this lost some very wealthy people who are not going to be happy about it?" 

I'm honestly extremely relieved at this.  Like extremely. 

I hope it never comes back. 

Lemme get this straight now... you're on the side of the big hedge fund investors consistently manipulating the market in their favor, rather then the small time retail investors who for once took a step to fight back against the wallstreet big wigs?

• Like 3

Lemme get this straight now... you're on the side of the big hedge fund investors consistently manipulating the market in their favor, rather then the small time retail investors who for once took a step to fight back against the wallstreet big wigs?

No, absolutely not.  I was like...

Picture a fantasy world where peasants start pounding down the castle of an oppressive king that I don't particularly like.  They're all cheering the fact they're breaking into the castle and I'm like, "You guys know there are like 17 courtyards and the keep is literally impenetrable and he can literally stop feeding you, right?" 

I'm certainly not shedding any tears over hedge funders or wall streeters, I just know they're not okay with losing millions, and there are things they can do to strike back. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Not sure if we’re headed for the moon or a y2k like crash. 

Make FF public! 

Now this is a great idea

mission would be happy to run your IPO, I assure you my fee would be much lower than your other potential banking partners