Stock Investing

rickyt31

4 hours ago, TVScout said:

The future is electric not liquid fuel.

Electric-cars-vehicle_sales_780px.png

That's a damn shame, hydrogen fuel could be the gateway to developing new tech of converting salt water to fresh more effeciently. Plus hydrogen fuel cell cars from everything I've read seem to be superior to electric. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

That's a damn shame, hydrogen fuel could be the gateway to developing new tech of converting salt water to fresh more effeciently. Plus hydrogen fuel cell cars from everything I've read seem to be superior to electric. 

Super extrapolated chart though.

EDIT: it doesn't even follow a current trend.  The blue line literally goes the opposite direction to present, then they predict it goes the other way in the future.  I could draw a chart that shows this going completely opposite.

Edited by theJ
  • Like 1

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Well it is CNN reporting it. 

That doesn't make them right.

The truth is that electric cars aren't super efficient for the environment.  The effort that's put into making those batteries is also really destructive to the environment, let alone the fuels that are burnt to make electricity.

Plus, it's going to depend heavily on cost efficiency.  People buy cars based on price.  If they can find a gas powered car cheaper than electric, they'll buy gas, all other things being equal.

That's not even addressing what the potential for what self driving cars will do to the industry.  

Just now, theJ said:

That doesn't make them right.

The truth is that electric cars aren't super efficient for the environment.  The effort that's put into making those batteries is also really destructive to the environment, let alone the fuels that are burnt to make electricity.

Plus, it's going to depend heavily on cost efficiency.  People buy cars based on price.  If they can find a gas powered car cheaper than electric, they'll buy gas, all other things being equal.

That's not even addressing what the potential for what self driving cars will do to the industry.  

You used the word extrapolated, maybe I misunderstood the word but I always thought it meant vague on sources. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

You used the word extrapolated, maybe I misunderstood the word but I always thought it meant vague on sources. 

It means predicting outcomes outside of our current data set.

Basically, they're guessing.

• Like 2