Stock Investing

rickyt31

On 3/19/2020 at 11:42 AM, mission27 said:

Yesterdays close probably was the bottom, or no more than 5-10% away from the bottom IMO.  I agree with TLO.  Now is the time to get back into the markets.  We are turning the corner.

Not necessarily believing in this bounce but MoL clearly right again. @mission27

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

giphy.gif 

uh, I was reacting to his post...

uh, i was asking sincere question. The article says they have a leaked email and unless im just missing it instead of posting the email or a link to the email they decided to summarize it. I dont understand why they would do that.

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

uh, i was asking sincere question. The article says they have a leaked email and unless im just missing it instead of posting the email or a link to the email they decided to summarize it. I dont understand why they would do that.

I wouldn’t have a clue.  Maybe email the author, idk..

I put 2,500 into my Stash account today.  Didn't invest it, just put it into my cash balance from my bank so it'll be easier/quicker to invest.  I feel like it's gonna have a couple more bumps before it starts getting back to normal again, so I'll be doing a couple hundred at a time over the next 4-8 weeks. 

30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I put 2,500 into my Stash account today.  Didn't invest it, just put it into my cash balance from my bank so it'll be easier/quicker to invest.  I feel like it's gonna have a couple more bumps before it starts getting back to normal again, so I'll be doing a couple hundred at a time over the next 4-8 weeks. 

If you'd prefer a full access brokerage Fidelity puts your idle cash in a money market account that pays interest. I'm mostly a day trader so I'm 100% in cash most of the time overnight. Which nets me a nice few dividends here and there from Fidelity. Just an option if you don't like using Stash

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

If you'd prefer a full access brokerage Fidelity puts your idle cash in a money market account that pays interest. I'm mostly a day trader so I'm 100% in cash most of the time overnight. Which nets me a nice few dividends here and there from Fidelity. Just an option if you don't like using Stash

I like Stash a lot.  I have a debit card through them that pays me stock back on every purchase.  Of all my accounts it’s probably my favorite and I can live with the small delays.  I’m a dinosaur when it comes to new accounts and such, so once I pick something I stick with that something.  I appreciate the advice though.  I’ll keep it in the back of my mind. It took me about 6 months to mull over whether or not to start a Stash account, so Six months from now I might.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dude, why do you keep quoting me?  What are you hoping to accomplish?

i was pointing out a sketchy article was sketchy. you came back with an attitude for a reason i dont understand. were you really that upset by a post you originally misunderstood, is isolation getting to you or is it something else?

anyhow, this continues to be a good time to buy if you have disposable income. obviously bunch of unknowns and lots of volatility butvery much seems like we hit the bottom two weeks ago. We're to the point where we are going to get more and more good news from around the globe and as that leaks in over the next weeks and months stock prices will continue to rise. 

58 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If that is in fact the bottom, kudos.

Buuuutttt... I do remember you also calling the peak at about 26,000....

He’s never been wrong in his life & always right.

In fact experts wonder how he knows so much without going to school/learning about it like they did.

• Like 1