Stock Investing

rickyt31

Anybody know how to calculate what the market cap of a spac will be post-merger?

I'm thinking about getting into IPOB or it's warrants, but I'm not fully sure how to value it.

Also sold PLTR on Friday, mostly in the mid-29s. So far it's paid off, but I can easily see it jumping right back up.

2 minutes ago, UncleAdamz said:

Surprised that it's up with all of the EV stocks down.

It’s because it’s not EV. But they’ll be in that market later. There’s huge potential. Specially if we get back into that paris treaty. I’m waiting to see how it does. It had a big dump off by Thursday but it’s remain strong. They’re getting contracts for TOYOTA. So it’s a nice one man. 

sold and rebought back 3 times. But this time I’m staying put. 

6 minutes ago, UncleAdamz said:

Anybody know how to calculate what the market cap of a spac will be post-merger?

I'm thinking about getting into IPOB or it's warrants, but I'm not fully sure how to value it.

Also sold PLTR on Friday, mostly in the mid-29s. So far it's paid off, but I can easily see it jumping right back up.

Hanging onto PLTR.. But yeah would have been nice to sell off at 32 lol. I think it jumps back. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Why is this happening?  Something happen?

For NKLA looks like GM is either backing out of the deal or wants less stake. Kandi caught a negative report from Hindenburg (the guys that took down NKLA months ago) and that seems to have shook the sector as a whole. NIO has an extremely high valuation and was long overdue for a correction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

For NKLA looks like GM is either backing out of the deal or wants less stake. Kandi caught a negative report from Hindenburg (the guys that took down NKLA months ago) and that seems to have shook the sector as a whole. NIO has an extremely high valuation and was long overdue for a correction.

I still don’t trust all of these.  Or really any of them.  

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I still don’t trust all of these.  Or really any of them.  

They're great for daytrading. I shorted NIO this morning for a nice chunk. But for me to invest in one.. flip a coin really. If you believe in the sector long term I'd buy the EV ETF. Think it's called DRIV. Expense ratio on it's not too bad .68%. Pays a dividend though that would offset the expense ratio. After seeing how hard and fast Nikola dropped (I took a lump on that SOB) I really don't trust any of them either.

Edited by Shockwave
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

They're great for daytrading. I shorted NIO this morning for a nice chunk. But for me to invest in one.. flip a coin really. If you believe in the sector long term I'd buy the EV ETF. Think it's called DRIV. Expense ratio on it's not too bad .68%. Pays a dividend though that would offset the expense ratio. After seeing how hard and fast Nikola dropped (I took a lump on that SOB) I really don't trust any of them either.

I don’t do day trading.  At all.  Everything I put in I’m probably not selling for at least ten years.  So I like to go high dividend yield stocks obviously.  Still, I’ll probably tinker in EV stocks still.  I think at least a few of them will stick around, but I’m not dumping money into them like a lot of people uave been lately.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t do day trading.  At all.  Everything I put in I’m probably not selling for at least ten years.  So I like to go high dividend yield stocks obviously.  Still, I’ll probably tinker in EV stocks still.  I think at least a few of them will stick around, but I’m not dumping money into them like a lot of people uave been lately.

It's a nice adrenaline rush but it's not for everyone. If you can keep strict risk/reward ratios in place you can rapidly grow an account. I have a big account with Fidelity that I use to invest in dividend paying ETF's and I just set it to compound and barely ever look at it. I have a smaller account with TDA that I use to day and swing trade and the proceeds from that go to help fund the bigger account. Investing is fine and all but it's just a bore. I need a little excitement in my day 😁