Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, we really don't know where to assign the blame.  We know that Mac told them the plan was to take a knee in the end zone.  For me, this goes to Montgomery for now.

If Mac feels like it was made clear to Monty that he was to take a knee if given the opportunity, I am not seeing many reasons for Monty to be a Packer next week.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

As frustrating as it was to watch Monty bring the ball out of the EZ even before the fumble, I am equally discouraged by Zook/Mac not making it absolutely clear to Monty that he was not to bring the ball out under any circumstances.  Mac may say the plan was to take the ball at the 25, but Monty clearly wasn't in on that plan. Complete failure on all levels.

Yeah .. something doesn't add up there.  If Montgomery refused to obey their request to stay in the endzone he should be cut immediately.  I bet nobody told Montgomery and McCarthy is covering for Zook .. just a hunch.  Montgomery doesn't strike me as a guy who refuses to listen to coaches.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have a feeling that with his declining role in the offense, Monty went rogue trying to make a play and show himself.

He appears to me to have pulled a Brandon Bostick manuever, and may pay a price for it.

They're not gonna cut him.
I cant say who or what we've got on the PS - but AJ - he of the challenged snaps - hasnt proven himself anything close to durable.

You wanna go forward with just AJ and Williams?

1 hour ago, KFP7 said:

100% this.  The coach needs to be in his ear before the snap reminding him of this.

What is really ridiculous is a veteran like Ty should know better than that in that situation.   If these Einsteins have to be told what to do after being in the league for 3 freaking years they don't belong on an NFL team.  

1 hour ago, HawaiiFan808 said:

Good one guys.  Bone headed decisions by MM throughout the game, plus TyMont's idiotic attempt to return a kick and a great effort from Pettine and the defense.  Whooo boy.

What decisions by MM did you find stupid?  

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I didn't say that, now did I?

Okay. Sorry. Didnt mean to get technical.

This is what you said: "I have a feeling that with his declining role in the offense, Monty went rogue trying to make a play and show himself. He appears to me to have pulled a Brandon Bostick manuever, and may pay a price for it"

What "price" were you implying he might pay then?

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Clark is a monster. He doesn't have the body to ever have that get off to pull huge sack numbers, but he's a phenomenal BIG. 

Yeah, I haven't seen any team handle our OL like y'all did. It felt like Clark won almost every snap. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're in a very gray area with that distinction in 2018

Eh, I'd agree in most cases. Barron isn't one. He has been playing LB for us since 2015. He played WLB in the 4-3 and moved to the Mo in the 3-4 (WILB).

1 hour ago, SSG said:

That was a Brandon Bostick caliber of dumb, "what the hell were you thinking" mistake.  Montgomery needs to be cut tomorrow.  There needs to be accountability for stupidity because we're shooing our selves in the foot with undisciplined football.

This  was a winnable game today and a HORRID inexcusable mistake costed us.  At this point, Monty isn't anything more than a STer given how horrid he is at RB.  Cut him and make a point.  Make the point that these sort of disgusting, game changing decisions aren't going to go unpunished.  

He can't even play ST without screwing up...  Cut him and bring up one of the RBs from the practice squad instead.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

"Because Accountability" literally translates to "Because my feelings are hurt"

Horrible decision by Montgomery. Terrible. But Zook needs to be talking to him before that play telling him to hold it. The guys in the second row need to be telling him to get away from the ball. 

Played the best team in the NFL in their house and only lost by 2. Dissapointing but that's gonna happen when you don't play your best game. And we didn't play our best game. 

I saw a lot to like today even tho the ending sucked.   The defense held that potent offense to under 30 points for only the second time this season.  Rodgers had his moments along with our WRs.  A. Jones looked good again.  We played pretty well but when you are on the road against a great team like that you can't afford to make stupid mistakes.   :(

Archived