Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

49 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

We ran it off guard.  Their DL caved our interior OL and the safety playing off ball was able to make the hit 2 yards deep in the end zone.  It was a terrible call given the personnel.

We need better talent at guard.  Taylor was getting beat like a damn drum and Bell had his issues too.

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The divide between Coach and QB getting wider.

Well that tells me about all I need to know. Season is over.

I'd actually like to see what Pettine as interim HC and Philbin calling the plays would yield. Pretty obvious the rest of 2018 is going to be a headbutting of QB and HC on our way to 8-7-1.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'd actually like to see what Pettine as interim HC and Philbin calling the plays would yield. Pretty obvious the rest of 2018 is going to be a headbutting of QB and HC on our way to 8-7-1.

Nah.  This is the press over reading the comment again.

Aaron looked to be angry after the fumble, and I would guess was in a bad mood for the press conference.  I am not sure how he would answer the question that wouldn't sound bad.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, this is the beginning of the end for them. I just hope that when the divorce does happen this offseason it's not a pissing match and both guys take the high road.

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Aaron looked to be angry after the fumble, and I would guess was in a bad mood for the press conference.  I am not sure how he would answer the question that wouldn't sound bad.

I think the "again" part is what's important.  There have been several odd comments from Rodgers this season.

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

We need better talent at guard.  Taylor was getting beat like a damn drum and Bell had his issues too.

There's this....but ya know.

If I'm AR - and I'm standing inside my own EZ with a single back - hardly a bruiser RB behind me - and I've got a dive play called - and - I see the DL and box is stack to the max against my OL.......

Ya think a TO would have come in handy right about then? Ya know.....one of those "I dont think this play's gonna cut it....so lets take a moment and think about this for a bit" time outs?

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I think the "again" part is what's important.  There have been several odd comments from Rodgers this season.

Yeah well his play hasnt been above reproach all the time either. His slight insinuations have a self serving aspect to them IMO.

Just now, Leader said:

Yeah well his play hasnt been above reproach all the time either. His slight insinuations have a self serving aspect to them IMO.

Pretty much everything ARod does off the field is very calculated.  Nothing new there.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ahhhhh got it. That makes sense.
Although I dont think we lost the game because of the safety.
Not the play I'd have run - but it didnt cost us the game IMO.

I never said we lost because of the safety. I said we lost by a play. In a 1 possession game,  if you change one play, the game result of many game would be different. There were many plays that effected this game's outcome.

With that said,  if I could change one play in hindsight, I'd choose the safety. That is 2 points and a possession which LA scored 6 on.  8 point swing, potentially more if on a hypothetical drive we score.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

All i can say is go listen to the interview.

https://www.packers.com/video/rodgers-disappointed-we-couldn-t-get-one-last-drive

He doesn't say it like the tweet implies- it was a question about the second half vs the first half, and Aaron finishes the answer with something to the effect of "we", meaning he and McCarthy, decided to open things up a bit in the second half and felt it worked.

Media implies he is criticizing McCarthy and he sounds in the full clip to be totally fine with what took place.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

All i can say is go listen to the interview.

https://www.packers.com/video/rodgers-disappointed-we-couldn-t-get-one-last-drive

He doesn't say it like the tweet implies- it was a question about the second half vs the first half, and Aaron finishes the answer with something to the effect of "we", meaning he and McCarthy, decided to open things up a bit in the second half and felt it worked.

Media implies he is criticizing McCarthy and he sounds in the full clip to be totally fine with what took place.

Not sure why you'd assume I haven't listened to the interview.  This is nothing new with ARod.

20 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

We've lost a lot of games in his tenure. Ive never seen him go the "go ask the coach" route.

Archived