Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

The news just keeps getting worse for Ty (and if we're being completely honest MM too). Not sure if anyone has posted but the latest reporting says Ty was docked snaps for running it out on earlier kicks and that led to some resentment. Then he was still out there. Complete and utter insubordination. And if Ty isnt cut or otherwise made an example of (Im guessing we are fishing for a 7th before the deadline) I cant see how anyone would respect any discipline from the top any more.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

MVS was 2nd in offensive snap counts amongst WRs.  Adams had 40, MVS had 31, Allison had 30, Cobb had 24, and ESB had 6.  Maybe this is the start of the change.

Great to read.  Obviously I didn't expect much out of MVS when he was drafted even though he was my favorite of the four, and obviously I didn't expect much even after his preseason performance (thanks, Janis), but watching him proves that he's got all the talent in the world and the NFL isn't too big for him.

This draft has provided the two most exciting players this far through the season since Eddie Lacy on offense and Clay Matthews on defense.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Great to read.  Obviously I didn't expect much out of MVS when he was drafted even though he was my favorite of the four, and obviously I didn't expect much even after his preseason performance (thanks, Janis), but watching him proves that he's got all the talent in the world and the NFL isn't too big for him.

This draft has provided the two most exciting players this far through the season since Eddie Lacy on offense and Clay Matthews on defense.

I figured of the 3, he was the furthest away given the offense he played in at USF and the "QB" he played with.  I figured of the 3 rookie WRs, ESB would be most ready to play.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I figured of the 3, he was the furthest away given the offense he played in at USF and the "QB" he played with.  I figured of the 3 rookie WRs, ESB would be most ready to play.

I'd like to see a lot more of Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown .. even if it means less of Cobb and Allison.  ESB seems like he could eventually be hell on wheels out there.

One option that hasn't been considered:

Fire MM and use pettine as interim HC.  Philbin is OC but Rodgers calls the passing plays and run checks.  Philbin helps with game plan, etc.

Basically it's the Peyton manning offense.  Give Aaron total control.

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd like to see a lot more of Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown .. even if it means less of Cobb and Allison.  ESB seems like he could eventually be hell on wheels out there.

I'd imagine as the season goes along that we will likely see more of ESB.

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Looking at the team stats

Randall Cobb has 32 targets - 21 receptions for 234 yards and a 11.1 average

Take away the 75 yarder (yea yea I know - sue me) he has 20 receptions for 159 yards and a 7.95 average

I've seen about enough of him ... he really doesn't have any speed or burst let these days.  He's 28, but has the legs of a 35 year old.  I'm halfway hoping he gets traded at the deadline, but I really don't think anyone would give up anything for him.  Either way, I don't see any way he is back next year.

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Take away the 75 yarder (yea yea I know - sue me) he has 20 receptions for 159 yards and a 7.95 average

I'm sure there's enough writing on the wall that this is likely Cobb's last year in Green Bay.  But at the end of the day, Rodgers trusts him more than our rookie WRs and he's probably more reliable in general.  His snaps are likely going to decrease as the season wears on.

19 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

One option that hasn't been considered:

Fire MM and use pettine as interim HC.  Philbin is OC but Rodgers calls the passing plays and run checks.  Philbin helps with game plan, etc.

Basically it's the Peyton manning offense.  Give Aaron total control.

I could live with Pettine but no way i want my QB having that kind of control. I love me AR but I don't think he's the kind of guy that can be a coach player he seems a bit to high on himself to really assess himself. Ask Outpost he'll likely agree.

17 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I was shocked to see #18 running free and fast across the middle yesterday, until I saw it was actually #19.

For whatever reason, Cobb lost his burst at a relatively young age. 

His previous 3 seasons resulted in 829, 610, and 653 yards receiving (10.5, 10.2, and 9.9 ypc). 

It has been a long time since Randall has been anything special and freeing up his $12.7M cap hit will be addition by subtraction in 2019.

Archived