Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

To an extent yes. When you have the dead cap Aaron does you're untouchable though.

Yes, that's the world they live in, but I don't recall a lot of QB's actually throwing the head coach or the organization under the bus as he has ..... allegedly. To be honest, maybe Mark Murphy should have a chat with Rodgers and let him know that's not the way they are going to run an organization and remind him where his paycheck comes from. And of course this is connecting dots blindly. I'm not convinced one way or another on some of this

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yes, that's the world they live in, but I don't recall a lot of QB's actually throwing the head coach or the organization under the bus as he has ..... allegedly. To be honest, maybe Mark Murphy should have a chat with Rodgers and let him know that's not the way they are going to run an organization and remind him where his paycheck comes from. And of course this is connecting dots blindly. I'm not convinced one way or another on some of this

He hasn't thrown anyone under the bus. That subtle jab is the most you'll see from Aaron.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He hasn't thrown anyone under the bus. That subtle jab is the most you'll see from Aaron.

Subtle jabs cause the same damage. The media sees it. The other players see it. I don't think Rodgers is exempt from some blame here. If he has gripes, resolve it behind closed doors. Subtle jabs via the media is childish. He should know better

30 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The obvious solution is to hire Brett Favre.  He will tell Aaron what to do.

This literally made me laugh.

But then I stopped laughing, thought about it. Pondered it for a while.

Then laughed again.

27 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The obvious solution is to hire Brett Favre.  He will tell Aaron what to do.

Ha.  Well, as long as we’re bringing up audacious head coaching options, how about Josh McDaniels?  He’s obviously found a very successful formula for designing a highly successful, championship offense for a team with a diva, superstar QB.  Don’t like the guy much, but I don’t need to like him for it to work.

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I see a massively talented QB looking massively average. We have a new GM, our HC is on the last year of his deal (for all intents and purposes) and now is when stuff like this comes out. I think it's absolutely what I'm making it out to be.

I don't think our massively talented QB looked average yesterday at all.  I was fully confident he would have led our offense to a game winning FG if #88 didn't want to be the damn hero yesterday.  We do need to upgrade our guards this offseason no matter what happens going forward.

Yeah and he was clearly sick of Ted, look where Ted is. This is so eerily similar to Sherman's last year with Favre.

I think you are giving AR more clout than he has.  He wasn't the only one sick of Ted.  

I think Rodgers is an extreme intellectual who is an ultimate competitor. His relationship with Mac souring could stem from the fact that he feels his input isn't valued like it used to be or that Mac simply doesn't challenge him anymore. Either way I think any coach brought in that is willing to work with Aaron and expose him to new ways of running an offense would instantly gain his respect. Favre was arguably a bigger mess and Mac fixed him.

I suspect Mac controls things a lot better than Sherman ever did.

Archived