Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

10 hours ago, cannondale said:

And MM took a robotic kid with a horrid throwing motion, put him through QB school and ........etc etc

I don't know what the answers are but Rodgers taking this stuff to the media in an indirect, coded, calculating way isn't right either (if that's what he's doing). If we want to toss following orders and  chain of command out there, why is Rodgers exempt ? Isn't what Rodgers is doing insubordination ? Undermining the head coach ? Rodgers has a tendency to come off like a bit of a punk sometimes for lack of a better word

I still think some of us are reading a lot more into this than is there.  He was speaking to the media not long after that game when again he never had a chance after some bozo tried to be the hero.  

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

I agree with your point that Rodgers should be held to a similar standard as other players.  

His situation is different in that there is not other option.  You can't cut or trade Rodgers without going into cap hell and there is no viable/capable replacement if you wanted to bench him

And you don't bench a player of Rodgers' caliber.   If Rodgers is frustrated he should be with Thompson for not providing him with enough good players around him the last few years he was the GM.   I'm glad Gute is now in charge.  I like the youngsters he drafted this past spring.

No room on this team for that kind of selfishness from a marginal player. I am disappointed every time I see him in the backfield, especially when the hand it to him, obviously better options on the roster, bye bye Ty, don't let the door hit you on the @$$ on the way out, because you will probably drop the playbook!

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

MVS is the closest thing Aaron Rodgers will ever have to Randy Moss.  He is so much fun to watch.  He's like a bigger, slightly slower Randy Moss. 

MVS was 2nd in offensive snap counts amongst WRs.  Adams had 40, MVS had 31, Allison had 30, Cobb had 24, and ESB had 6.  Maybe this is the start of the change.

Just now, CWood21 said:

MVS was 2nd in offensive snap counts amongst WRs.  Adams had 40, MVS had 31, Allison had 30, Cobb had 24, and ESB had 6.  Maybe this is the start of the change.

I was just looking for snap counts. Where did you get these?

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Mike will never change. He's too stubborn!

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's 7th in receptions and 5th in receiving yards among rookie WRs.  The early returns have been tremendous.

Archived