Week 7: Dallas Week GDT!

Ghostnote

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We beat Dallas! Haven’t done that since 2015.

Former Qb was 0 for his last 4

Funny how you keep telling people to move on and forget him because he's not on the team anymore, and thennnnn....

Gruden had a really uneven game calling plays. Some really good stuff, some really really awful stuff. 3rd & goal from the 1 and that last possession where he just went hyper-conservative come to mind immediately for the bad stuff. Inexcusable to just go in the deep freeze there with the game on the line.

Alex had a below-average game. But so did most of the QBs who played in the northeast today in this wind and cold. With Crowder, PRich, and CT out in those conditions? Hard to imagine anything but what we saw...

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We can enjoy the win and acknowledge that our QB didn’t lose us the game

I’ve been saying it for a while... Matt Hasselbeck folks. Game manager, that rarely makes mistakes.

Run the ball and stop the run. Recipe for success.

Don't know how I feel after this game.  Sure I am happy, elated even when that ball hit the bar, but WHY were we in that situation even?  Smith is trash, you can't be a 13 year old vet and miss a wide open Springle for an easy TD,.  Lucky that the D bailed us out.  And then to run on that 3rd down and get out of bounds?  Seriously?  Zero football awareness.

Positive note, man we are putting a Dline full of studs.  Payne, The Greek and Allen all young are going to get better and better, they simply took Zeke to school.  Finally Kerrigan comes up big in an important game.  Still I wish we had Fuller, our 3rd pick and Cousins at QB.  This team would be so much better IMO

2 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Don't know how I feel after this game.  Sure I am happy, elated even when that ball hit the bar, but WHY were we in that situation even?  Smith is trash, you can't be a 13 year old vet and miss a wide open Springle for an easy TD,.  Lucky that the D bailed us out.  And then to run on that 3rd down and get out of bounds?  Seriously?  Zero football awareness.

Positive note, man we are putting a Dline full of studs.  Payne, The Greek and Allen all young are going to get better and better, they simply took Zeke to school.  Finally Kerrigan comes up big in an important game.  Still I wish we had Fuller, our 3rd pick and Cousins at QB.  This team would be so much better IMO

This is the completely correct take.

49 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Gruden had a really uneven game calling plays. Some really good stuff, some really really awful stuff. 3rd & goal from the 1 and that last possession where he just went hyper-conservative come to mind immediately for the bad stuff. Inexcusable to just go in the deep freeze there with the game on the line.

Alex had a below-average game. But so did most of the QBs who played in the northeast today in this wind and cold. With Crowder, PRich, and CT out in those conditions? Hard to imagine anything but what we saw...

You are just going to double down on this Smith thing huh? 

This game showed me a couple things

-If were going to play hard nosed football based on defense and running were going to need a fullback. That 3rd and goal was both embarrassing and familiar 

-if were going to play these tight games they’ll need a kick returner of course to steal field position but also to steal a score here and there. 

-that D line can flat out go to war. Zeke always kills us and he was simply handled tonight. 

16 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

This game showed me a couple things

-If were going to play hard nosed football based on defense and running were going to need a fullback. That 3rd and goal was both embarrassing and familiar 

-if were going to play these tight games they’ll need a kick returner of course to steal field position but also to steal a score here and there. 

-that D line can flat out go to war. Zeke always kills us and he was simply handled tonight. 

On the 3rd & goal, Alex had a TD if he pulled it on the zone read. That’s all on him. He gave it to Peterson and should’ve known he was going to get blown up.

We don’t need a FB, we have ZO 2.0 aka Ryan Anderson.

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You are just going to double down on this Smith thing huh? 

I’m not sure why the truth bothers you so much. He didn’t say any thing controversial, just that the other QBs who dealt with the elements today didn’t play well either.

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not sure why the truth bothers you so much. He didn’t say any thing controversial, just that the other QBs who dealt with the elements today didn’t play well either.

Because it’s not the truth. Smith flat out sucked. 

Archived