Who Wins the NFC North?

footbull3196

Who wins the NFC North?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC North?

No one should be a favorite yet, and everyone has shown to be vulnerable. 

- Packers are volatile. On both offense and defense they're either dominant or garbage and they're constantly bouncing between those two extremes. Even drive to drive, you don't know which team is going to take the field. They've got to get that offense moving consistently if they want a chance of winning. 

- Bears and Vikings are more stable, but potentially less threatening overall. This is not meant as a criticism, the best teams are often the most consistent. Both have very strong aspects to their game, but some notable vulnerabilities that can be exploited. If that Bears defense stays healthy and the offense gets it together, they're super dangerous. Sort of the same with the Vikes. 

- The Lions have shown the most weakness so far, but given the state of the rest of the division, they could still contend. 

If the Packers offense starts rolling as it often does around this time of year (as they have historically seen similar sputters in the first ~5 games before taking off) then I think they have the best chance. But I honestly don't know if they'll work out of their funk this year. I've never seen the offense SO out of rhythm. Rodgers has become too prone to want to escape the pocket, and teams have really caught on. Keeping him in the pocket wouldn't be such an issue if he trusted more of his receivers, but with so many young guys and rookies at the depth receiver positions he's not throwing to them. So he's being forced to stay in the pocket and he's hesitant to throw to anyone but Adams and Cobb, and he's warming to Graham. 

The Vikings have the defense and the best QB in the division presently.

To me that will make them have the best staying power down the stretch. The only thing I see knocking them off is the OL issues, but Kirk seems to be overcoming them, outside of the Buffalo game.

To me the Vikings will emerge in 1st place.

Obviously, Rodgers is awesome.

But the defense has not been good and the Packers seem to be again needing super human efforts from Rodgers to win games against mediocre teams. That does not seem to be a recipe for long term success, especially with the beating he took against SF, which is not even a strong pass rushing team.

I feel like we have seen this exact version of the Packers for the last couple of seasons.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So again you are going all the way back to week one.  That's what I thought.  I like how you just remove his best game to discredit him.  Do you do the same for everybody else.  How about just looking at trends like 9 TDs and 1 Int over the last 2 weeks, pretty close to half his season so far.  I get it.  You only saw him week 1.  And you might want to check on Miamis secondary bud, they lead the league in Ints w/o much of a pass rush for a reason.  You may not have heard of anybody but Jones, but they are pretty damn good.  On second thought, how have you not heard of Minkah Fitzpatrick?  Do you like football?

Lol.....

Youre the one who keeps clinging to these last 2 weeks as a sign that he's some vastly improved quarterback from the start of the season.  Yes, Miami leads the league in interceptions.  In terms of passing yards allowed, theyre currently ranked..... 25th.  Lol.  You keep skewing the stats to support your absurd narrative that Trubisky is a great quarterback when he had 1 great game against arguably the worst defense in the league

Did you not see him on MNF against Seattle?  Aside from the TD in the 4th quarter, he had happy feet constantly throughout the night.  Did you not see him against Arizona?  They were lucky that Sam Bradford choked away that game

:D Where is all this, "Cousins is the best QB in the division" talk coming from?

Even if you just look at just this year, statistically they're performing almost identically. Neither one has significantly more weapons, hell, even Diggs is arguably the best receiver in the division. 

Rodgers has proven time and time again to be one of the top QBs in the league, undeniably. The offense is inconsistent right now, but Cousins isn't exactly killing it either. 

Y'all gotta slow down here. 

3 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

:D Where is all this, "Cousins is the best QB in the division" talk coming from?

For real though! The division belongs to the Packers as long as Rodgers is playing. If not for a bogus call on Clay and a historic, record-setting, abysmal day from Crosby, the Packers would be 3-0 in the division.

4 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

This doesn't really paint a picture of what is really happening. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3039707/mitchell-trubisky

He has had 3 bad games and 2 good ones. To be the "5th best QB in the league right now" you have to be more consistent. One insane game where he threw 6 tds and no INT's really, really skewed his numbers up beyond where he has been playing in all the other games. 

Too bad that’s a misquote. 

4 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Its good being back in the dark with everyone thinking we suck. Will be a fun dose of reality when the Bears fail to reach the playoffs for the 8th time a row. 

Almost as fun as watching another year of Rodgers waste away in GB.

2 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Trubisky missed several wide open guys against Miami. He had 3 TDs, one was a forward pitch to his tight end, a wide open lob on a blown coverage assignment, and a good throw to Arob. Ain't no one worried about that bum.

How dare he throw to wide open receivers? He should ignore them, like Rodgers. ??

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

For real though! The division belongs to the Packers as long as Rodgers is playing. If not for a bogus call on Clay and a historic, record-setting, abysmal day from Crosby, the Packers would be 3-0 in the division.

We can play the “if” game all day. The packers need the fewest amount of “ifs” to be bottom of the division. 

2 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

They brought that call on themselves!!

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'll say MIN.  They have the best QB and are the closest thing to being a well rounded team.  

Lol wut. You can fuse Kirk Cousins a 1000 times, and make him go Super Saiyan 5, he’s not better than Aaron Rodgers. 

Archived